Author Topic: Rotavation on clay soil - the conditions are never right!  (Read 12233 times)

George the Pigman

• Hectare
  • Birmingham, neutral clay soil
Re: Rotavation on clay soil - the conditions are never right!
« Reply #20 on: April 14, 2016, 20:47:25 »
An update. Did the lot yesterday (Wednesday) which turned out to be a lovely day over here. It was wet but I managed it. My 4.5 HP Rotavator did the job in about 4 hours. Still a bit lumpy so next week when we are supposed to have a dry spell I may go over the onion and roots areas with my light 0.9HP Mantis.
Arms and back hurting a bit after dragging the rotavator through the mud.

johhnyco15

• Hectare
  • clacton-on-sea
« Reply #21 on: April 14, 2016, 21:12:03 »
An update. Did the lot yesterday (Wednesday) which turned out to be a lovely day over here. It was wet but I managed it. My 4.5 HP Rotavator did the job in about 4 hours. Still a bit lumpy so next week when we are supposed to have a dry spell I may go over the onion and roots areas with my light 0.9HP Mantis.
Arms and back hurting a bit after dragging the rotavator through the mud.
i love my mantis they really are a great machine hope you feel a little better in the morning
johhnyc015  may the plot be with you

Jeannine

• Hectare
  • Mapleridge BC Canada
« Reply #22 on: April 30, 2016, 19:27:54 »
 Not very plain to understand  but someone mentioned using a trencher, odd I always thought that was a machine in the UK not a gardening tool,  but it is a gardening tool in the US. In the UK the same  gardening tool would be called a Chillington Hoe.

XX Jeannine
When God blesses you with a multitude of seeds double  the blessing by sharing your  seeds with other folks.

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal