Author Topic: This Season's Progress Reports  (Read 78168 times)

johhnyco15

• Hectare
  • clacton-on-sea
Re: This Season's Progress Reports
« Reply #120 on: April 23, 2016, 19:53:16 »
harvested the last of my spring cabbage today and noticed my fantasia blackberry has just started to bloom
johhnyc015  may the plot be with you

cambourne7

• Hectare
  • Growing in the back garden having lost lotty
« Reply #121 on: April 24, 2016, 22:15:05 »
Having really poor germination rates in greenhouse

Jeannine

• Hectare
  • Mapleridge BC Canada
« Reply #122 on: April 24, 2016, 23:36:31 »
Outside carrots are up now, I was worried because of the age of the seed but there they are,infact everything I sowed direct is up now. broadies are looking good. I pots I have blossom on a micro tomato and my Gigantes are showing in their post now, really pleased about that as the seeds came from Greece and they were old. It took me ages to find a seed that was as big as the previous ones I let die off/

Seeds arrived from Irish Seed Savers yesterday so more sowing to do.

I just need to get my tomatoes into their final pots but that is a big job for me and so far this week I have been struggling with things.

Not one of my best days.. but the Gigantes made up for it
When God blesses you with a multitude of seeds double  the blessing by sharing your  seeds with other folks.

johhnyco15

• Hectare
  • clacton-on-sea
« Reply #123 on: April 27, 2016, 14:26:02 »
saladin lettuce out in the big wide world all on there own bless them

johhnyco15

• Hectare
  • clacton-on-sea
« Reply #124 on: May 02, 2016, 17:12:53 »
blackberries flowering nicely

johhnyco15

• Hectare
  • clacton-on-sea
« Reply #125 on: May 03, 2016, 14:07:01 »
first of my tomato supports in today along with some red lettuce

galina

• Hectare
  • Johanniskirchen
« Reply #126 on: May 03, 2016, 16:48:44 »
blackberries flowering nicely

That's just ridiculously early.  Fabulous Johhnyco 

Jeannine

• Hectare
  • Mapleridge BC Canada
« Reply #127 on: May 03, 2016, 17:19:35 »
Mine too are flowering and the currant have fruit si I missed those flowers. I bought a raspberry last year specifically for pots, it wasn't one cane but more like a bush, I was VERY skeptical and it was expensive but it is full flower and looks very promising, the old canes died off which I removed. So far it is looking good. I need to figure out how to do photos.
When God blesses you with a multitude of seeds double  the blessing by sharing your  seeds with other folks.

johhnyco15

• Hectare
  • clacton-on-sea
« Reply #128 on: May 04, 2016, 14:57:17 »
onions garlic late leeks and shallots all coming along well

johhnyco15

• Hectare
  • clacton-on-sea
« Reply #129 on: May 07, 2016, 14:35:05 »
the pumpkin polythene cloche is starting to take shape should finish it in the week

Jeannine

• Hectare
  • Mapleridge BC Canada
« Reply #130 on: May 07, 2016, 21:07:52 »
All my greenhouse tomatoes, cukes, melons , peppers and eggplants are in their final places in the greenhouse now, My hanging tomatoes are done too, they sit on top of a concrete birdbath with three varieties together in a huge pot. It looks good when they cascade down.  Gigandes beans, started inside are going in the ground today, they are already a foot tall.

Potato bins are filled to the top now with 6 inches of greenery showing.

So much lettuce I am giving it way now and I have sn=mall green tomatoes on a couple of micro plants

I have some more brassicas almost ready to go out , so all in all I am doing much better than I thought I would.

Tee Gee

• Hectare
  • Huddersfield - Light humus rich soil
    • The Gardener's Almanac
« Reply #131 on: May 09, 2016, 14:28:12 »
9th May got Chrysants in

Debs

• Hectare
  • If at first you don't succeed, try and try again!!
« Reply #132 on: May 10, 2016, 21:19:36 »
Mine too are flowering and the currant have fruit si I missed those flowers. I bought a raspberry last year specifically for pots, it wasn't one cane but more like a bush, I was VERY skeptical and it was expensive but it is full flower and looks very promising, the old canes died off which I removed. So far it is looking good. I need to figure out how to do photos.

What was the name of your raspberry Jeannine?
That sounds good and just what I need as I don't have an allotment

Debs

Deb P

• Hectare
  • Still digging it....
« Reply #133 on: May 11, 2016, 01:36:29 »
I'm growing Ruby Beauty raspberry this year which is small and designed for pots. I got mine late last year and overwintered them in pots at home. All put on good growth and I planted some outside on the plot and two large containers with three plants in each.
If it's not pouring with rain, I'm either in the garden or at the lottie! Probably still there in the rain as well TBH....🥴

http://www.littleoverlaneallotments.org.uk

johhnyco15

• Hectare
  • clacton-on-sea
« Reply #134 on: May 11, 2016, 15:19:32 »
blueberries are bulking up nicely

galina

• Hectare
  • Johanniskirchen
« Reply #135 on: May 11, 2016, 15:38:30 »
Having really poor germination rates in greenhouse

How is it going now?

Hector

• Hectare
« Reply #136 on: May 17, 2016, 17:49:43 »
Outside carrots are up now, I was worried because of the age of the seed but there they are,infact everything I sowed direct is up now. broadies are looking good. I pots I have blossom on a micro tomato and my Gigantes are showing in their post now, really pleased about that as the seeds came from Greece and they were old. It took me ages to find a seed that was as big as the previous ones I let die off/

Seeds arrived from Irish Seed Savers yesterday so more sowing to do.

I just need to get my tomatoes into their final pots but that is a big job for me and so far this week I have been struggling with things.

Not one of my best days.. but the Gigantes made up for it

What litre pots do you use for final planting, Jeannine. You are ahead of me, just getting flowers opening on Red Robin :)
Jackie

johhnyco15

• Hectare
  • clacton-on-sea
« Reply #137 on: May 17, 2016, 18:28:46 »
wall flowers are all in bloom now loads of plants outside now just waiting to go into the plot had a lottle sit down today for half an hour and just enjoyed the plot

johhnyco15

• Hectare
  • clacton-on-sea
« Reply #138 on: May 17, 2016, 18:49:35 »
the plots are really greening up now

Jeannine

• Hectare
  • Mapleridge BC Canada
« Reply #139 on: May 21, 2016, 18:01:10 »
orry Debs and Hector, I missed this post ..to answer your questions. The raspberry is Shortcake, I will find  a picture. Hector I plant my tomatoes in 5 gallon global buckets, if you are not familiar with them take a look on the net, it will tell you how to make them, they are more or less self watering.

My tomatoes plnats need tying up now , they are well away, I have fruit on New Yorker, Islandaise and Kalinka and flowers on most of the others, the beans in the greenhouse are just showing the start of flower buds and I have 1 or two cucuumbers on Carmnen. The melons are slower. My two or three peppers have had to go out, citto to the eggplant as I was getting tight for space. All my micro tomatoes have fruit on now.

Outside I have scapes just starting too curl on my garlic, brassicas are up to about a foot or so. Blackfly on the broadies. Gigandes are climbing nicely  which is good as they are pushed in behind the garlic. My family beans are now out and starting to climb.Peas growing good but no flowers yet, I have flowers on 3 spud tubs, all russets but not yet on the other three kinds but they are all up to full size.

We are just starting to eat cherries from the new tree planted last year.. hoping to beat the birds

Inside I have summer squash ready to be potted on.

My rhubarb which was nearly planted last year is really struggling though, maybe not enough light.

Soft fruit in pots never does as well as in the ground but I have fruit od blueberries, red and black currants and gooseberries. The raspberry which is in a tremendous pot is doing very well , it now has lots of fruit.

My volunteer Sungold plants  which are outside are slower but they are coming on, it will be interesting too see what they produce.

The root seedlings are all up but slower than I would like.

So far so good.

Picture or raspberry, not mine, but the same although my pots is much bigger than this one
« Last Edit: May 21, 2016, 18:16:51 by Jeannine »

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal