Author Topic: Bird feeder stations  (Read 3882 times)

tricia

• Hectare
  • Torbay, Devon
Bird feeder stations
« on: January 30, 2016, 22:20:36 »
My 10 year old bird feeder station has finally succumbed after the battering of weeks of very windy weather. It has rusted through from about half way up the pole so can't be repaired. I've spent some time Googling for a replacement but would like to hear if anyone has experience of the quality and durability of the makes Gardman and Chapelwood. There is not much difference in price for the three items I need - base, feeder station and squirrel baffle -  so personal experience would be a great help. I have five very robust feeders so it is the quality of the station itself that concerns me.Thanks in advance.

Tricia

johhnyco15

• Hectare
  • clacton-on-sea
Re: Bird feeder stations
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2016, 15:57:22 »
aldi have some great bird feeders all at very good prices i took part in the rsbp bird watch yesterday sat for an hour on my bench watching the birds sent off the information  not much to see                  this morning however the plot was bird paradise robins bluetits sparrows starlins gold finches collar doves you name it it was there i reckon if id of stayed longer might of even seen a phoenix or dodo
johhnyc015  may the plot be with you

johhnyco15

• Hectare
  • clacton-on-sea
« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2016, 16:07:07 »
robert dyas are selling a kingfisher one half price £14.99 hope this helps
johhnyc015  may the plot be with you

tricia

• Hectare
  • Torbay, Devon
« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2016, 16:36:52 »
Thanks Johnnie - reviews for Kingfisher are not impressive. I'll give it all a few days thought. I've managed to re-attach the pole with the help of a lot of wire and a metal rod. It looks a bit wonky and probably won't last long but at least I've been able to get the Bird Watch done!  Loads of visitors, including a pair of Siskins which made their first appearance just a couple of days ago.

Tricia

star

• Hectare
  • Northampton, sm greenhouse, heated propagator
« Reply #4 on: February 03, 2016, 01:35:02 »
I cant recomend stations Tricia, ours broke and hubby made a gallows thing out of 2x2. Hooks under the top rail andfeeders hang from them. I shall try to get pics put up tomorrow to show what I mean.
I was born with nothing and have most of it left.

tricia

• Hectare
  • Torbay, Devon
« Reply #5 on: February 03, 2016, 17:53:23 »
Problem sorted. I bought a Gardman kit and base. It's very tall so will have to anchor it somehow against high winds methinks. The old broken one has already been taken after I advertised it on Freecycle as being in need of TLC!!

Tricia

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal