Author Topic: Cheap roses  (Read 2807 times)

Borlotti

• Hectare
  • Ryde
Cheap roses
« on: November 22, 2015, 22:06:25 »
Got a bargain in Morrisons, the white roses lasted a week, cost 9p.  These were more expensive 19p.  Also got some bulbs, reduced from £2 to 50p.  I do love a good bargain.  Just added some sherry to the reduced trifle that should be eaten today, should be OK in fridge until tomorrow.

woodypecks

• Hectare
    • Daisy in the Garden
Re: Cheap roses
« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2015, 07:59:37 »
 :wave: I bought 5 pots of their " Indoor Roses " for £1 each , three weeks ago , planted them into my windowbox . Not sure what an " Indoor Rose " is exactly ,but yep , these are blooming away and seem happy enough outside   :coffee2:
Trespassers will be composted !

Borlotti

• Hectare
  • Ryde
« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2015, 11:12:36 »
Spent £1.57 in Morrisons.  Got there at the right time as they were reducing some of the plants to make room for the Xmas plants and the poinsettas that ACE loves so much that die very quickly. Didn't get any poinsettas (they were really dead) but did get some good plants and good pots.  Photo not too good as I was so excited as had to sort them out and find room for them before OH came home moaning.  The most expensive was an orchid for 99p, flowers dropping a bit but reduced from £10 so will give it a go. Had a good chat with the man reducing them, and he said if I saw anything I fancied he would check how much he was allowed to reduce it to, so tempting so filled the trolley with plants and no food.  9p tulips still lasting well.  My new job, lurking in Morrisons looking for bargains and reduced food. I wonder if there will be fighting in the shops today (Black Friday), can't be bothered with all that.

Borlotti

• Hectare
  • Ryde
« Reply #3 on: December 23, 2015, 11:59:19 »
These roses were more expensive 40p.  Other bargain plants doing OK, and freezer full of reduced meat, better not buy anymore.  I expect there will be some good deals after Xmas, but did buy my turkey, £22 full price (I am getting so mean in my old age).  I expect they will all either be sold out tomorrow or going cheap. Think I should get a job in Morrisons as spend so much time there. A lot of people buy the dead plants (for under 20p) just to get the pots or sometimes wooden plant boxes, but I will not be tempted as I have enough.  :sunny: :sunny: :sunny:

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal