Author Topic: Results of the Harvest / October Competition the WINNER IS  (Read 6446 times)

daveyboi

• Hectare
  • Have fun enjoy your allotment
    • Daveyboi's Blog and personal website
Results of the Harvest / October Competition the WINNER IS
« on: November 02, 2015, 12:43:03 »
Thank you everybody that entered and voted in the latest photo competition. A very varied set of entries made it very interesting.

And the Winner is Peanuts with Picture one with 17 votes :

In Second Place with 12 votes Picture 4 from Jayb :

In Third Place Picture 9 with 7 votes from Poppy Mole :

In Fourth Place with 5 votes Picture 2 from BarriedaleNick :

In joint Fifth Place with four votes each we have 3 Pictures
Picture 3 :  Obbelix,  Picture 6 :  Paulines7  and Picture 7 :  TeeGee

And last but not least with two votes each Picture 5 :  Digeroo and Picture 8 :  Pumpkinglover

Well done everyone and congratulations Peanuts

Thank you all
Daveyboi
Near Haywards Heath Southern U.K.

Visit My Blog if you would like to

Tee Gee

• Hectare
  • Huddersfield - Light humus rich soil
    • The Gardener's Almanac
Re: Results of the Harvest / October Competition the WINNER IS
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2015, 12:54:43 »
Well done Peanuts, if nothing else you deserve the honour for going to the trouble of staging your exhibit!

Question?

What are you going to do with all of these squash?

.........and well done to all the other exhibitors you were worthy competitors! ...........Tg

johhnyco15

• Hectare
  • clacton-on-sea
« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2015, 14:03:04 »
excellent comp well done to all and a big well done to peanuts
johhnyc015  may the plot be with you

peanuts

• Hectare
« Reply #3 on: November 02, 2015, 17:49:34 »
Thank you!  Although I feel bad winning twice running.

What a wonderful selection of entries, they were so varied and interesting.  The garlic got my vote, and my husband and daughter voted for the wonderful harvesting from poppymole.  But I loved the mix of harvest colours in Obbelix' photo though.  Perhaps we can have four votes next time?!

I was going to arrange the squashes in a nice curvy shape on the patio, went out for an hour and found that my husband had been playing in my absence. He'd had the idea of getting them to walk up the plank, and fall in a heap off the edge. The heap were the ones that wouldn't stand upright independently of course. We must have spent an hour at least playing around with the shape, and getting the bent ones leaning over right on the edge - it was great fun.  How they managed to balance, I've no idea, but they stayed standing there a couple of days.  We were waiting for some sunshine, which came just in time!

Every year I  promise I'll grow fewer, but I find germination hard, and so let them grow if they come up.  And I must get about  10 on each plant.  I give lots away, as most people here seem to grow just big pumpkins for soup.

Poppy Mole

• Hectare
  • Petworth, West Sussex
« Reply #4 on: November 03, 2015, 10:29:56 »
Congratulations Peanuts - Oh to have your patience!! xx

Obelixx

• Hectare
  • Vendée, France
« Reply #5 on: November 03, 2015, 11:30:16 »
Well done Peanuts.   I do love butternut squash but have never had so many on one plant so double congrats.
Obxx - Vendée France

galina

• Hectare
  • Johanniskirchen
« Reply #6 on: November 03, 2015, 14:56:26 »
Congratulation Peanuts, glad you had fun arranging the picture too  :sunny:  Don't worry about winning twice - well deserved. 

They were all good pictures.  Your preserves cupboard looks great PKL.  I was also intrigued by your jars of Christmas Chutney B. Nick  - what are the chunks in the large Le Parfait jar - rhubarb?  Rhubarb vodka - wow! - and what is in the large bottles? Fascinated by all the mouthwatering preserves.

Thank you for all the harvest photo fun and for organising it all  :wave:

BarriedaleNick

• Global Moderator
  • Hectare
  • Cartaxo, Portugal
    • Barriedale Allotments
« Reply #7 on: November 03, 2015, 17:48:25 »
A good comp this time around with a well deserved winner (got my vote!)
  I was also intrigued by your jars of Christmas Chutney B. Nick  - what are the chunks in the large Le Parfait jar - rhubarb?  Rhubarb vodka - wow! - and what is in the large bottles? Fascinated by all the mouthwatering preserves.

I do love a preserve or two!  In the pic is some Damson Vodka, Sloe Gin/Vodka, Blackcurrant Vodka, and of course the Rhubarb Vodka which I love - that is what is in the bottles at the back.  Lots of jams and chutneys - cant for the life of me remember what is in the Christmas one but heavy on the Cinnamon.  Then a couple of jars of gherkins and maybe one of onions plus some chilli sauce.  Just finished some Butternut/orange and cranberry chutney to add to the collection.

I end up giving a lot of it away as I cant eat that much!
Moved to Portugal - ain't going back!

Paulines7

• Hectare
« Reply #8 on: November 04, 2015, 10:55:14 »
Congratulations Peanuts and everyone else who entered their harvest photos.  It was a difficult choice.  One thing for certain is that many of you have been extremely busy, not only growing fruit and veg but preserving it all too.   :icon_cheers:

pumkinlover

« Reply #9 on: November 04, 2015, 13:18:06 »
Congratulations Peanuts :icon_cheers:

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal