Author Topic: Awww now they all know !!  (Read 7143 times)

johhnyco15

• Hectare
  • clacton-on-sea
Re: Awww now they all know !!
« Reply #20 on: November 02, 2015, 21:09:21 »
there are many sites in our area and i am lead to believe that we are the only site to have a waiting list currently it stands at 9 so with the addition of 4 half plots we will half the waiting list  it seems ironic that according to some views on this thread we are the devil himself but people prefer or site to all the others in the area so we must be doing something right
johhnyc015  may the plot be with you

ancellsfarmer

• Hectare
  • Plot is London clay, rich in Mesozoic fossils
Re: Awww now they all know !!
« Reply #21 on: November 02, 2015, 21:49:26 »
While I agree that 30mins per week does not go far enough to "maintain " a ten rod plot, probably by a factor of ten !, since I have shared a communal garden of several plots, I have been amazed at the choice of priority re tasking practiced by others.
Rather than cultivate they scratch about ,much like hens and scatter seeds into the wind. Some have "runways" of old boards on which to dance, others seem to only plant the patches they can lean over to reach. Many have the time to plant , but not the time to hoe, or pick their crops. Slugs are allowed free reign, beans are allowed a few strings between canes, raspberries and strawbs grown , it seems, just for the birds. Compost bins are filled but never emptied. The concept of adding manure, an alien art. Still its the "freedom " that does one good........
Freelance cultivator qualified within the University of Life.

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal