Author Topic: Sweet Peas again!  (Read 16758 times)

squeezyjohn

• Hectare
  • Oxfordshire - Sandy loam on top of clay
Re: Sweet Peas again!
« Reply #40 on: June 30, 2016, 22:12:54 »
Hahaha!

Lovely flowers laurieuk!

plotstoeat

• Acre
« Reply #41 on: July 02, 2016, 10:47:00 »
Many thanks for your best wishes, went to cut flowers then really saw how many had bent stems but entered ( on paper) 2 classes but when I got to the show there was really only enough for a single vase of ten stems but when we went back after we had judged another show , to my delight I had been awarded best vase and best exhibit so I hold the cup for another year. I see I first won that cup 42 years ago, where does the time go.!!!!!

Well done Laurie. Hope you are progressing well after your op. We need your experience here on the forum. Perhaps you have come across my latest problem: long straight stems with only one small flower! Never happened before. Haven't seen any caterpillers but maybe something else is nibbling the buds?

laurieuk

• Hectare
  • now retired
    • laurie mansers  garden hints
« Reply #42 on: July 11, 2016, 09:28:12 »
Sorry not to have got back to you before but this have been a bit hectic, also sorry that I cannot give you a real answer to you question. I have a bit od bud drop which leaves just one or flowers per stem at times. Birds have been known to peck buds off but I have not had this.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal