Author Topic: Wilkos seeds reduced !  (Read 2656 times)

blackkitty2

• Not So New ...
Wilkos seeds reduced !
« on: October 13, 2015, 16:03:49 »
I popped into my local Mansfield (Nottingham) branch of Wilko's yesterday and the veg and flower seeds are on sale finally. Unusually there were no % off signs but a break down list of what you would have paid and what they were on offer at now.

Just as an example I paid £1.50 for two large packets (100 seeds total) of Johnsons Bunyards Exhibition broad bean seeds (sow by date 2017) which should have been £2.69 each packet.

I dare say that as the weeks progress they may slash the price further. Last year it was down 10p a packet at the end of the sale.

Get buying now as there were lots of vultures gathering around the seeds while I was bagging some bargains !! They won't last once word spreads around the local plots....

pumkinlover

Re: Wilkos seeds reduced !
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2015, 07:58:30 »
Thanks for the info Blackkittky
 :wave: nice to see you posting again

blackkitty2

• Not So New ...
« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2015, 16:23:52 »
Hello!

Yes indeed I am alive and posting again. Where does the time go? Up the plot is where it all goes!

Did you manage to keep the sarracenia pitcher plants going? I often think about your visit to our neck of the woods. Not much has changed here and we still have a totally inefficient site manager (will he ever RIP or go!) and quite frankly the new committee is about as much use as a chocolate fire guard.

I pray for the level of control you have at your site I really do.

Hope you are all well at your end of things and should you want any more freebie pitcher plants we are still have plenty! We even car booted with them this year.

Byeeee.

pumkinlover

« Reply #3 on: October 14, 2015, 18:07:43 »
Yes they are still going, I am thinking of introducing them to the side of the pond where there is a shelf.
What do you think?
Sorry that you still have trouble, our site is not trouble free but at least we are fair.

blackkitty2

• Not So New ...
« Reply #4 on: October 15, 2015, 16:48:21 »
I am amazed that you have kept them alive since 2011! It just goes to show that if you know what you are doing you can indeed keep the pitcher plants going. Give yourself a pat on the back for your accomplishment! It's amazing how many people even with all the information on the internet manage to kill them. We treat them like weeds nowadays ha, ha.

You could put them on the shelf in the pond as long as the pond is filled with rainwater. Just tap water will bump them off. If it is a pond where the water running into it is rainwater then they will be fine.

I can't remember if you took any Darlingtonia cobra plants but they will be fine as well and can be kept outside all winter along with the hardy sarracenia.

I've stopped tearing my hair out about our plot supervisor. You know it took them five years to talk to us again. They mentioned something along the line of 'it being nice to talk again after all that happened'. I kept my thoughts to myself (dammit) and I just gave a weird answer about 'living for the now and not the then' which I'm not quite sure they absorbed fully.

I'm off now to make some replica tombstones for Halloween! Woohoo oh joy ha, ha.

johhnyco15

• Hectare
  • clacton-on-sea
« Reply #5 on: October 16, 2015, 13:09:02 »
just got 14 packets and one with 6 packs inside so thats 20 pkts of seeds for the grand total of £2.90 and my wilkos arestill doing 3for2 so i got alicante money maker and gardeners delight for 40p for the 3 packets no thats value
johhnyc015  may the plot be with you

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal