Author Topic: Rant about the school garden - infact I am screaming!  (Read 2143 times)

Nora42

• Acre
Rant about the school garden - infact I am screaming!
« on: September 03, 2015, 17:08:03 »
I last visited the school garden on August 16th as we went on holiday for two weeks. We have been watering everyday as most of the produce is in raised beds and pots. it looked 10 times better than any of the allotments do around here.
Everything was looking grand, Borlottis and purple French beans hanging from the arches, more beans up a few trellis in between the windows, tomatoes tumbling over the edges of the beds. sunflowers going to seed. Nasturtiums just beginning to do their thing. at the beginning of the holiday we planted carrots for the autumn and some autumn lettuce. courgettes cropping pak choi fattening up.
Now I think it is very important for the kids to come back in the autumn and to harvest the last toms and beans etc and generally get the feel of the end of the season and to assess what worked well and what failed.
Despite me telling the head and the teachers and the caretakers this the assistant caretaker asked the head if he could tidy up a bit and she agreed.
Need I say more than the words SCORCHED EARTH :BangHead: :BangHead: :BangHead: Not a bean or flower to be seen.
I am so disappointed I'm not quite sure what to say I just needed to share - perfect end to a perfectly disastrous week - I will explain in another post.
A not very happy Nora
Norf London

johhnyco15

• Hectare
  • clacton-on-sea
Re: Rant about the school garden - infact I am screaming!
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2015, 17:17:56 »
chin up nora its the same in most schools they just dont get the education a well run school garden can give the kids most heads look at the school garden as a bind rather than a great learning tool i feel your pain :coffee2: :coffee2: :coffee2: :coffee2:
johhnyc015  may the plot be with you

ACE

• Hectare
« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2015, 19:52:57 »
Blimey Nora, proper got your knickers in a twist aint ya. Well it will only make you uncomfortable and make you walk funny.

Oh! just realised you ain't got any have you ;)

Digeroo

• Hectare
  • Cotswolds - Gravel - Alkaline
« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2015, 20:11:50 »
That is so frustrating.  I get very attached to my plants.  Perhaps next year you can get a posse of parents to help guard it during the summer holidays.    Bet the kids will be upset as well.

Nora42

• Acre
« Reply #4 on: September 04, 2015, 11:55:41 »
Ah well as you all say it's nothing short of bloody typical. but I shall not be defeated.
I will be in future treating the teachers as though they were children and take the whole thing by the horns and organise them.
they have 1 more year of me (daughter is in year 6) and then we shall see what happens, I don't mind a challenge but I'm no ones fool - knickerless or not!
Nora
Norf London

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal