Author Topic: Rain today in not so sunny Enfield, north London  (Read 2108 times)

Borlotti

• Hectare
  • Ryde
Rain today in not so sunny Enfield, north London
« on: August 13, 2015, 14:30:36 »
Was going to spend the day at the allotment today, but it is raining, which is good.  Should help the runner beans.  We haven't had any decent rain here for a while so hopefully things will grow.  More courgettes I expect.  Going to cook some more plum jam as the plums I picked are getting a bit over ripe.  Just waiting for the promised thunderstorms to arrive.

ACE

• Hectare
Re: Rain today in not so sunny Enfield, north London
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2015, 15:33:12 »
Thunder and rain is now heading north. Sun is out. Only had about 2 hours worth, but nice stair rods so everything nice and fresh. Might cremate some sausages this evening outdoors and watch the Red Arrows doing their Cowes Week display.

johhnyco15

• Hectare
  • clacton-on-sea
« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2015, 15:41:28 »
5 mins of rain here c-o-s now sunny :BangHead: :sunny: :BangHead: :sunny:
johhnyc015  may the plot be with you

saddad

• Hectare
  • Derby, Derbyshire (Strange, but true!)
« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2015, 17:36:17 »
Not here yet...  :coffee2:

Palustris

• Hectare
« Reply #4 on: August 13, 2015, 20:15:54 »
Not here either, though according to the Weather forecast which I just watched, we are having heavy rain at the moment. Hah! The sky is not even that grey and the Swallows don't think it is going to rain, they are flying high. The garden is dying, we have had about 10 percent of normal rainfall this year so far and most of that early on.
Gardening is the great leveller.

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal