Author Topic: Herbs for joint pain and swelling  (Read 2982 times)

clumsy

• Half Acre
Herbs for joint pain and swelling
« on: June 29, 2015, 20:04:55 »
I need some information on herbs that can be grown now for joint pain and swelling that actually work.

goodlife

• Hectare
Re: Herbs for joint pain and swelling
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2015, 22:57:40 »
 I came across this information....http://www.inflammation2011.com/turmeric-anti-inflammatory-herbs/

Though there is not that many actual herbs mentioned that you could grow...nettles? :icon_cheers: :tongue3:

galina

• Hectare
  • Johanniskirchen
« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2015, 23:18:21 »
I need some information on herbs that can be grown now for joint pain and swelling that actually work.

No personal experience, but read runner's blog and they say that cider vinegar with or without honey in a glass of water is supposed to help and get them painfree and running.  Do you have apples?  There is something called a vinegar mother, which turns fruit waste into vinegar, when you come to peel and core your apples.  Else it's the health food shop.

I have heard of warm mustard poultices, but mustard seeds are so cheap, you might not want to grow them.

Sorry to hear you are struggling with joint pain. 

PS  goodlife's url was an interesting read.  Garlic, turmeric, ginger and chili for the main meal garnished with coriander (hope you like curry), or chicken with rosemary followed by a sweet course spiced with cinnamon or a warming cocoa with cinnamon for afters.  All with anti-inflammatory properties.

Hope it works for you  :wave:
« Last Edit: June 29, 2015, 23:31:35 by galina »

clumsy

• Half Acre
« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2015, 13:09:54 »
Thank you both for the reply's. I've tried what you both have mentioned it does not seem to have any effect.
We use plenty of spice's, I did buy this a few weeks ago from health shop Biona Organic Cider Vinegar with mother but it has no effect.
I'll keep searching and trying.

Obelixx

• Hectare
  • Vendée, France
« Reply #4 on: June 30, 2015, 18:32:49 »
Try getting hold of  a book called "Curing arthritis the drug free way" by Margaret Hills published by the Sheldon Press ISBN 0-85969-689-8

She is a nurse who was almost crippled by arthritis in her early 20s and ended up devising her own treatment using a combination of diet and vitamin and mineral supplements.  She gives advice on the causes and thus what foods to avoid as well as recipes which help ease the pain and swelling.  There is a separate recipe book too. 

Obxx - Vendée France

clumsy

• Half Acre
« Reply #5 on: July 05, 2015, 19:19:57 »
Thank you Obbelix for directing me to this book.

Digeroo

• Hectare
  • Cotswolds - Gravel - Alkaline
« Reply #6 on: July 05, 2015, 19:45:18 »
I have a friend who wears an amber bracelet.

Obelixx

• Hectare
  • Vendée, France
« Reply #7 on: July 05, 2015, 22:42:10 »
My pleasure Clumsy.  Hope it works for you.   It helped me a lot.
Obxx - Vendée France

Jayb

• Global Moderator
  • Hectare
« Reply #8 on: July 06, 2015, 08:19:27 »
My mum uses and swears by honey and cider vinegar mix, I think she adds in raw garlic too, but that part might not be for her arthritis. She mixes it with sparkling fizzy water, it's not a quick fix more a steady improve over a few weeks, but it certainly makes a big difference to her. She uses the Aspall cider vinegar.

Perhaps it is worth carrying on with the cider vinegar for a few more weeks? Hope your mum gets some relief.
Seed Circle site http://seedsaverscircle.org/
My Blog, Mostly Tomato Mania http://mostlytomatomania.blogspot.co.uk/

Deb P

• Hectare
  • Still digging it....
« Reply #9 on: July 17, 2015, 21:19:39 »
My friend uses comfrey poultices for sprains and to reduce swelling......
If it's not pouring with rain, I'm either in the garden or at the lottie! Probably still there in the rain as well TBH....🥴

http://www.littleoverlaneallotments.org.uk

Digeroo

• Hectare
  • Cotswolds - Gravel - Alkaline
« Reply #10 on: July 17, 2015, 21:29:42 »
I like comfrey too.  But do be careful, tried some on my OH and the allergy rash was terrible.  He was not best pleased.

clumsy

• Half Acre
« Reply #11 on: July 21, 2015, 13:49:05 »
Thank you for all the advice. She's making slow progress. The swelling seems to being slowly going down. But the pain is still there.

Obelixx

• Hectare
  • Vendée, France
« Reply #12 on: July 22, 2015, 11:16:14 »
It will take time.  Good luck to her, and you.
Obxx - Vendée France

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal