Author Topic: bored  (Read 1770 times)

Borlotti

• Hectare
  • Ryde
bored
« on: June 29, 2015, 11:27:35 »
Waiting for man to pick up my computer tower and replace it. Pleased with tablet now used to it. Got loads of gooseberries but no sugar. Morrisons are doing it for me, a bit cheeky to ask them to bring me some sugar. On my birthday got £2 flower voucher from Morrisons when I used my match and more card, nice free bunch of roses. OH replaced the handle on my lovely ladies spade which is good. Daughter got my knitting mag and excited that another letter photo printed, well I can top and tail the gooseberries. I hate staying in, bored from sunny Enfield. :sunny:

Digeroo

• Hectare
  • Cotswolds - Gravel - Alkaline
Re: bored
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2015, 17:11:16 »
I do hope your guy turns up ok.  Rather frustrating waiting.

A while ago I waited 5 hours for a BT guy who did not turn up and missed an invitation out to lunch.   When they turned up 4 days later it only to 5 minutes to fix.   

Borlotti

• Hectare
  • Ryde
« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2015, 17:49:37 »
Rang up and he came in 45 minutes, now new tower for computer being delivered, hopefully at 7.30, so no watering the allotment today. Did manage to get sugar and strawberry and redcurrant and gooseberry jam made, washing all dry. Too hot here, and it is going to be hotter. Cant wait for my new computer tower, and I got a good deal, hopefully. Very nice man in morrisons computer place, told him about touch typing with hands covered to music, played the oap poor card, so will see what i have bought, if good will definately recommend, as free pick up and delivery service, maybe he deserves a pot of jam. He did seem interested in my first experience of word processing and desktop publishing over 30 years ago but maybe being polite, didnt ask for him to do my shopplng but maybe he would have, being old not 2 bad.

Jayb

• Global Moderator
  • Hectare
« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2015, 06:46:48 »
Good luck with your new tower, and lucky you found such a helpful bloke. Free pick up and delivery is good, let us know how it went.

Seed Circle site http://seedsaverscircle.org/
My Blog, Mostly Tomato Mania http://mostlytomatomania.blogspot.co.uk/

Borlotti

• Hectare
  • Ryde
« Reply #4 on: June 30, 2015, 09:45:38 »
Well the new tower did not turn up, and my daughters computer which should have office put on it doesnt have powerpoint, word and excel on. Back to the drawing board, at least my tablet works. Thought the man was too charming, well back to morrisons. :BangHead:

Borlotti

• Hectare
  • Ryde
« Reply #5 on: July 01, 2015, 08:51:30 »
Talked to Morrisons and files were on daughters computer, just us being stupid.  Got my lovely new tower last night and very pleased with it, although I am still finding my way round it.  Should have updated years ago.  Now nice, helpful man is back in my good books.  :sunny: :sunny: I think I have office which should have powerpoint, excel etc.  So excited, sorry nice man for doubting you.

Silverleaf

• Hectare
  • Chesterfield, clay, acidic
    • The Rainbow Pea Project
« Reply #6 on: July 01, 2015, 10:18:52 »
For anyone who doesn't have MS Office or wants an alternative, LibreOffice is completely free and does everything MS Office does.

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal