Author Topic: concrete slab being laid  (Read 2374 times)

cambourne7

• Hectare
  • Growing in the back garden having lost lotty
concrete slab being laid
« on: June 25, 2015, 16:15:59 »
Hi All,

Well concrete slab for greenhouse going in next month (greenhouse in feb next year) very excited :)

Any tips??

I am planning on having holes for the greenhouse base being drilled into the concrete when its fitted.

Any other tips for this stage?   :glasses9:

Cam

ACE

• Hectare
Re: concrete slab being laid
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2015, 16:36:17 »
I would set some treated hardwood flush into the concrete at the corners and half way. Then it is just a quick drill and screw down for fixing. You can bet your life if you drill the croncrete later it will be right over a flint or will crack if too near the edge. Run a bit of blue water pipe underneath and up with plenty of pipe length for conectors  then if you ever want a tap in the greenhouse it will be be in place and out of the way. If you don't want water inside it will also be handy for threading a leccy cable through.

cambourne7

• Hectare
« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2015, 17:19:52 »
Ace your a star !!!

Yes while the greenhouse base is 10x8 i am having an additional 2 ft around this done in concrete as well and edged in brick to accommodate any movement and the risk of cracking. This is partly why the greenhouse base is going in now as February not great for setting it hard :)

But had not though about the pipe, yes good chance it will need power and water!!

Had also considered leaving a hole in the middle for a heat sink but have decided against this now as its going to be 2 risky that it would fill up with water and turn into a pond before the greenhouse is built.

Cam

cambourne7

• Hectare
« Reply #3 on: July 28, 2015, 21:37:57 »
Let me apologies to everyone concrete was due to be poured friday, buiders started on thursday and abandoned the site due to rain. Its my fault that we had as much rain as possible.

Fingers crossed the gardening god will be appeased now as builders are back saturday sunday :) hehe

Bring on the concrete !

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal