Author Topic: Tomato Progress  (Read 6675 times)

clumsy

• Half Acre
Re: Tomato Progress
« Reply #20 on: July 05, 2015, 19:05:56 »
They look ready to eat jjohhnyco15. I think I need to move to where you live. Seen all the picture's of the fruit's you are picking I'm really amazed by it all. Wish my plot was next to yours.

johhnyco15

• Hectare
  • clacton-on-sea
« Reply #21 on: July 05, 2015, 19:32:42 »
They look ready to eat jjohhnyco15. I think I need to move to where you live. Seen all the picture's of the fruit's you are picking I'm really amazed by it all. Wish my plot was next to yours.
trust me you wouldn't want the plot next to me its a right mess the fella strimmed it yesterday and its all over my plot strimmed carrier bags all sorts took me an hour just to clear it up hes a right pig but you on the other hand would be more than welcome as a neighbour
johhnyc015  may the plot be with you

Silverleaf

• Hectare
  • Chesterfield, clay, acidic
    • The Rainbow Pea Project
« Reply #22 on: July 05, 2015, 21:29:36 »
Exciting news for me today is that my Helsing Junction Blues tomatoes are showing antho on the sunny side. Nothing's ripening yet though...

Debs

• Hectare
  • If at first you don't succeed, try and try again!!
« Reply #23 on: July 07, 2015, 00:03:06 »
My tomatoes need to catch up- I planted them a little late but they are starting to romp away already.
I sowed too many so have some in greenhouse and some in borders

Just waiting for the tomato fest now  :blob6:

Silverleaf

• Hectare
  • Chesterfield, clay, acidic
    • The Rainbow Pea Project
« Reply #24 on: July 07, 2015, 01:19:47 »
I think mine in the greenhouse were probably too cold when they first went out, and are too hot now.

I ended up with too many plants too. I planned 12, ended up with 29! I didn't have anyone to pass spare plants on to (one particular friend point-blank refused to even consider tomatoes until she gets a polytunnel, because she was so disappointed in her outdoor toms last year compared to the ones she could grow in London). And I just couldn't bring myself to dispose of healthy little plants, so now I have 12 in the greenhouse, 8 in straw bales, and 9 in buckets on the decking next to the house.

Most of my plants look really healthy and leafy and vigorous and they have loads of flowers, but the fruits are taking aaaaagggggeeeesssss. :(

BarriedaleNick

• Global Moderator
  • Hectare
  • Cartaxo, Portugal
    • Barriedale Allotments
« Reply #25 on: July 07, 2015, 08:10:20 »
I have been picking a few Red Alert toms for a couple weeks now - by far the earliest variety I have grown although I am sure there are others that are just as good.  My Sungold and other outdoor ones seem a long way off - they were really held back by the conditions until the recent hot spell and they took a bit of wind damage too.  Still they all look healthy enough now so give it a few weeks and I'll hopefully be drowning in them or complaining once again about the dreaded B word.
Moved to Portugal - ain't going back!

maureen.alder.9

• Not So New ...
« Reply #26 on: July 07, 2015, 18:41:57 »
I picked two green ones off today as they had blossom end rot hope that all of them are not the same I have watered them twice daily so thought i was okay so heres hoping

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal