Author Topic: Rotovator Storage  (Read 1404 times)

boydzfish

• Half Acre
Rotovator Storage
« on: May 28, 2015, 21:07:30 »
I invested in a small 2-stroke rotovator a few months ago and it has been fantastic I Just run it over the plots to create a fine tilth; it does in 20 mins what would have taken over an hour not to mention the soak in the bath to ease the back pain!! Anyway I was wondering about long term storage as it will be put away until the Autumn now and having some working knowledge of 2-stroke outboards I always remember we would run them dry after our underwater dives. What do others do with their rotovators when laying them up?
Boydzfish

goodlife

• Hectare
Re: Rotovator Storage
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2015, 21:57:18 »
Oh yes,,,, no petrol in tank is MUST..even if your machine is going to be unused for weeks, it is still good habit to learn not to leave petrol to go 'off'. And I always aim to use 'fresh' mix or 'fresh'ish' of fuel when filling up for the job..and there is no point to fill up the tank full if one is only going to do 'so much' work  at the time...saves emptying the tank if it is not all used up.
And the blades..get rid of soil and if you give spray of WD40 or similar maintenance spray..that will keep rust away or stops it developing any further.

Other than that, there is no much else to do...just keeping it in 'dry' place  over winter. That is recipe that has been keeping my old machine going on for years and it keeps starting up without any major trouble in a spring again :icon_cheers:

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal