Author Topic: white infestation on my gooseberry bushes  (Read 2135 times)

busy_lizzie

• Hectare
  • Izzy wizzy lets get busy! Whitley Bay, Tyne & Wear
white infestation on my gooseberry bushes
« on: May 23, 2015, 09:19:52 »
Hi, Sorry haven't been on for a while, but I am turning to  my old A4A friends for help. I went up to my allotment yesterday just to check things after the rain we have had all week, and I noticed my gooseberry bush leaves are curled at the top. After further investigation I spotted a white infestation. Has anybody got any ideas what it could be, and what I could do to get rid of it. It is just at the top so far, so I am hoping I can save them. Would a soap or garlic spray help? Thank you so much if you can advise me. So disappointed as they were lovely last year, and had been looking very healthy, and starting to get the fruit on them. busy_lizzie    xxx
live your days not count your years

goodlife

• Hectare
Re: white infestation on my gooseberry bushes
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2015, 09:37:44 »
Oh, that sounds like this.. https://www.rhs.org.uk/advice/profile?PID=739

And here you find some excellent advise how to tackle it.. http://www.hartley-botanic.co.uk/featured-blogs/matthew-biggs/removing-powdery-mildew-on-gooseberries ...see the milk treatment 'recipe'...I've heard it works well, though haven't needed it myself on my bushes.

busy_lizzie

• Hectare
  • Izzy wizzy lets get busy! Whitley Bay, Tyne & Wear
« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2015, 00:26:46 »
Hi goodlife, My sincere apologies for not replying to you earlier. It has been a very hectic week, ending with the bugs mansion that the children built, being set on fire at our community allotment, by some vandals. I am really grateful for your comments, and have clicked onto the links and found them very helpful.  Thank you so much for replying. busy_lizzie  :icon_cheers:
live your days not count your years

johhnyco15

• Hectare
  • clacton-on-sea
« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2015, 21:19:28 »
ive found watering them loads and loads every week keeps mildew at bay dont know how but it works a fellow plot holder had mildew  2 weeks ago on his gooseberrys told him about the water torture and hes now mildew free i hope it works for you :sunny: :sunny: :sunny: :wave:
johhnyc015  may the plot be with you

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal