Author Topic: Mad Woman chases wedding veil over allotment  (Read 2024 times)

Nora42

• Acre
Mad Woman chases wedding veil over allotment
« on: April 28, 2015, 15:14:45 »
Ha Ha  :tongue3: not really I just gently planted some onion sets and the as I got the fleece out the wind started to blow- honestly it must have looked very comical, but I finally won and got it on the ground.
I planted Bistro shallots, rumba onion , Stuttgarter Riesen onion and red fen onion, they looked so tiny and vulnerable and the fact that there are two magpies wandering about the site pecking at this and that, that I reached for the fleece.

here in London NW11 it's been another very sunny day despite a drop in temperature early on , rain is promised for Friday but we will have to wait and see.

Nora 
Norf London

picman

• Acre
Re: Mad Woman chases wedding veil over allotment
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2015, 16:24:17 »
We had a bad case of alium fly one year so I always put enviromesh over sets , as its been so dry here ( Worcestershire) I have had to water them but lookin good ( Just 130 sturon). 

pumkinlover

« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2015, 08:03:35 »
Well thanks for the larff  :toothy10: :toothy10: :toothy10: and reminder that it might be a good idea to so the same...... :glasses9:

goodlife

• Hectare
« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2015, 11:30:19 »
Hmm....your struggles reminded me....I have full roll of net curtain stashed away. I once bought it from factory shop close down sale for peanuts...plant was to use it in allotment for crop protections....BUT...it is far too good stuff for that purpose, so I dare not 'waste' it and then again, I don't have any use for it on my windows... :BangHead:...nor do I need 'wedding veil' (as far as I know....)
Maybe I just have to stop being too 'tight'...get the roll out and make use of it...I think I join for your 'wedding ceremony' :laughing7:

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal