Author Topic: glads peeping thru  (Read 3328 times)

johhnyco15

• Hectare
  • clacton-on-sea
glads peeping thru
« on: April 23, 2015, 15:06:49 »
in my 6mtr by5 mtr cut flower bed allsorts are popping their heads up a peony i thought id lost glads and lupins are all showing whats growing in yourflower gardens in the different parts of the country im on the eastcoast clacton-on-sea im looking forward to your reply's and pics
johhnyc015  may the plot be with you

markfield rover

• Hectare
Re: glads peeping thru
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2015, 16:19:19 »
Hello from Hereford , glads only just popping through, some dahlias and lupins too the anenomies have been great, my seed sown scabious are looking strong for year two and alstromerias gathering pace. In the greenhouse waiting to go out are sweet peas , black scabious , asters,sunflowers ,cup and saucer plants and I've just sown larkspur ( put the seed in the fridge) so hoping for some good results. I did get Louise Curley book The Cut Flower Patch  so fingers crossed for  good 2015.  Oh and from the pound shop new to me Tuberosa. As we no longer get milk bottles I've to get plenty of vases .

Tee Gee

• Hectare
  • Huddersfield - Light humus rich soil
    • The Gardener's Almanac
« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2015, 16:46:29 »
I was once told that as soon as the gladioli tips emerge then all fear of frost will have passed.

Whether it is true or not I do not know but looking at where yours are then this could be true.

I have to say that with regards to my Gladioli the tips are not showing yet!

Could this be because I havent't put them in the ground yet?  :toothy10:

However I have set them up in trays and a few of them are beginning to sprout! :icon_cheers:

johhnyco15

• Hectare
  • clacton-on-sea
« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2015, 21:02:58 »
Hello from Hereford , glads only just popping through, some dahlias and lupins too the anenomies have been great, my seed sown scabious are looking strong for year two and alstromerias gathering pace. In the greenhouse waiting to go out are sweet peas , black scabious , asters,sunflowers ,cup and saucer plants and I've just sown larkspur ( put the seed in the fridge) so hoping for some good results. I did get Louise Curley book The Cut Flower Patch  so fingers crossed for  good 2015.  Oh and from the pound shop new to me Tuberosa. As we no longer get milk bottles I've to get plenty of vases .
it will be nice to see some pics when they all come out im sitting on my hands cant squeeze any more into my greenhouses

johhnyco15

• Hectare
  • clacton-on-sea
« Reply #4 on: April 24, 2015, 21:04:59 »
I was once told that as soon as the gladioli tips emerge then all fear of frost will have passed.

Whether it is true or not I do not know but looking at where yours are then this could be true.

I have to say that with regards to my Gladioli the tips are not showing yet!

Could this be because I havent't put them in the ground yet?  :toothy10:

However I have set them up in trays and a few of them are beginning to sprout! :icon_cheers:
thats where im lazy i leave them in and my dahlias in fact all my bulbs i just cover them with a thick layer of straw so i hope your right tee hee

johhnyco15

• Hectare
  • clacton-on-sea
« Reply #5 on: May 20, 2015, 17:13:47 »
its all moving along nicely and teegee you might have been right no frost since the popped there heads up

johhnyco15

• Hectare
  • clacton-on-sea
« Reply #6 on: June 01, 2015, 18:40:38 »
this years project just coming into flower i put this together in jan with sick lame and lazy plants costing no more than 50p i think they done well in there first year :blob7: :blob7: :icon_cheers:

Jayb

• Global Moderator
  • Hectare
« Reply #7 on: June 05, 2015, 08:11:33 »
Lovely, clematis are such beauties  :icon_cheers:
Seed Circle site http://seedsaverscircle.org/
My Blog, Mostly Tomato Mania http://mostlytomatomania.blogspot.co.uk/

johhnyco15

• Hectare
  • clacton-on-sea