Author Topic: shed sercurity  (Read 3168 times)

johhnyco15

• Hectare
  • clacton-on-sea
shed sercurity
« on: April 02, 2015, 22:19:51 »
just a quick poll on how we allotmenteers keep our sheds secure hes how i do it 8 pad locks chains gates and steel  cross bars
johhnyc015  may the plot be with you

goodlife

• Hectare
Re: shed sercurity
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2015, 13:08:03 »
Lol...it will take some doing to open that door!
I've got alarm on mine...not overly difficult to open the actual door, get in and silence the alarm, but one has to first shift load of logs, fence panel and bags of compost to get to the door...and then everything valuable inside is been chained together and locked many times over... :BangHead: Good security is one thing...but trying to get one's machinery out is other.. :BangHead: You just look at the effort it takes to get in and you think 'bother'..and put spade in use instead.

Thanks for the idea ..I've got very similar iron gate 'spare' that would do just a job...but what it weighs, it might bring the shed down too! :icon_scratch:
« Last Edit: April 03, 2015, 13:09:36 by goodlife »

astraman1

• Quarter Acre
« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2015, 19:54:30 »
i have none i leave mine unlocked as it will only get broken into i have nothing in there but couch grass roots all my tools stay in the boot of the car

johhnyco15

• Hectare
  • clacton-on-sea
« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2015, 19:55:08 »
yes indeed goodlife around 5 mins  its a long 5 mins in a thunder storm lol but as yet its kept my tools safe lets hope it stays that way the 2 side posts are green oak bolted thru into the 2by2 at the corner of the shed and a piece screwed at the right place on the shed side  hope that helps oh and the flag is raf search and rescue it goes up at tea time :toothy10:

Normylass

• Quarter Acre
« Reply #4 on: April 18, 2015, 16:58:19 »
I leave mine open.
The allotmenteers that had been there years said that this is what I should do as anyone wanting to get in will do so regardless of many locks. Just don't keep anything of value in there.
The tools are old and rusty. It has been 'broken into several times, we had an old transitor radio stolen,  it had no ariel as it was broken, but did work when stood on the frame of the greenhouse :-)
My new one comes home with me, if anyone wants anything out of there today they will have to fight the mice for it :-) we have quite a problem at the moment.

Uncle_Filthster

• Half Acre
« Reply #5 on: May 07, 2015, 00:44:01 »
If someone wants in they will get in and cause a lot of damage doing so.  Fancy doors are great but it doesn't stop someone just smashing the side in, as happened on the plot 2 down from ours.

johhnyco15

• Hectare
  • clacton-on-sea
« Reply #6 on: May 07, 2015, 17:36:59 »
If someone wants in they will get in and cause a lot of damage doing so.  Fancy doors are great but it doesn't stop someone just smashing the side in, as happened on the plot 2 down from ours.
yesthat happend to one of our fellows I've got shop front grills on all sides and front all bolted thru you may just be able to see them in this pic

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal