Author Topic: This morning - Brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr  (Read 2813 times)

Tee Gee

• Hectare
  • Huddersfield - Light humus rich soil
    • The Gardener's Almanac
This morning - Brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr
« on: March 02, 2015, 11:06:31 »
Got up to this:

goodlife

• Hectare
Re: This morning - Brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2015, 11:15:42 »
Well...at least the snow does bring out all the spots of colour on the ground :icon_cheers:
I keep looking all the seedlings and plants that are in propagator and under lights to keep my spirits up  :sunny:

josie.fox.796

« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2015, 13:54:36 »
 :sunny: in Derbyshire.  I'm brand new to growing veg and brand new to the forum. Your pics are ace and have shown me that I am way behind, having, only put my first seeds in trays about 2 days ago! I do have potatoes chitting tho! Lol. Your pics are inspirational, tho in a slightly panicked way, thanks! I think...

kGarden

• Half Acre
    • kGarden Blog
« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2015, 15:12:28 »
n a slightly panicked way ...

Plenty of time, yet. WAY more problems are caused (e.g. for newbies) by sowing too early than a bit late.

Tee Gee

• Hectare
  • Huddersfield - Light humus rich soil
    • The Gardener's Almanac
« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2015, 15:38:26 »
in Derbyshire.  I'm brand new to growing veg and brand new to the forum. Your pics are ace and have shown me that I am way behind, having, only put my first seeds in trays about 2 days ago! I do have potatoes chitting tho! Lol. Your pics are inspirational, tho in a slightly panicked way, thanks! I think...

As Kg mentioned there is plenty of time the reason I am so early with some of my stuff is:

I grow stuff for other people as well as myself and because I grow so much and because I have the heated facilities to keep them. I can start a bit earlier than some people!

I have to work to a plan so that when some stuff comes off the hotbed more  goes on.

My greenhouse will be  a bit like an assembly line for the next couple of months.

I don't get really serious until the end of this month!(March)

Seeing that you just live over the hill from me so to speak, my sowing dates might be of use to you and they are here!

http://www.thegardenersalmanac.co.uk/Indexes/index.htm

Silverleaf

• Hectare
  • Chesterfield, clay, acidic
    • The Rainbow Pea Project
« Reply #5 on: March 02, 2015, 19:45:27 »
:sunny: in Derbyshire.  I'm brand new to growing veg and brand new to the forum. Your pics are ace and have shown me that I am way behind, having, only put my first seeds in trays about 2 days ago! I do have potatoes chitting tho! Lol. Your pics are inspirational, tho in a slightly panicked way, thanks! I think...

Welcome fellow Derbyshire person! I'm in Chesterfield. :)

We had some snow and hail here today, but no sign of it now.

Robert_Brenchley

• Hectare
    • My blog
« Reply #6 on: March 02, 2015, 22:10:36 »
We had the odd snow shower this morning. I've been at a funeral, and while the air temperature wasn't that cold by the time we reached the graveside, there was a strong breeze which made it feel really cold after a while.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal