Author Topic: Marvelous thing this internet.  (Read 1354 times)

ACE

• Hectare
Marvelous thing this internet.
« on: February 26, 2015, 10:38:23 »
Fridge won't stop running, so its on manual now otherwise everything would be frozen solid and the leccie bill will be telephone numbers.

But after looking at the price of a new one, I decided to do a bit of fault finding on line and through a process of elimination, result. It needs a new thermostat. Youtube shows me how simple it is to replace. It would have been a daunting project a few years ago. Thermostat ordered on line £10 as against £30 locally or £300 plus for a new fridge.

I've mended a car window, learned loads of gardening tricks, can now play a concertina in the irish style, learned how to publish a short story, I can find the words to lovely old folk songs I would like to sing, the list is enless.  Also I have passed on information myself to help out people with a problem.

Now what to do next? with the money I have saved on the fridge there is a trombone on our local advertising and there are also lessons online. Now I have mentioned it in passing to the Yeti in Pink Knickers. But as I have found out in the past 'do as you bloody well like' does not nessessarily mean yes.

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal