Author Topic: T&M WEBSITE ANY 10 PACKETS OF SEED FOR £10  (Read 5227 times)

Ellen K

• Hectare
  • Loughborough, Leicestershire
T&M WEBSITE ANY 10 PACKETS OF SEED FOR £10
« on: January 14, 2015, 11:14:59 »
Offer ends Sunday, code is TNE462.

You'll have to pay the P&P too (£1.95 I think) but if you have your eye on some of their fancy seeds, it could be a good deal.

I'll be looking, certainly.

Jayb

• Global Moderator
  • Hectare
Re: T&M WEBSITE ANY 10 PACKETS OF SEED FOR £10
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2015, 12:05:29 »
Just popped in to post about the very same offer! Good value on some of the more expensive seeds, though I'm not sure I need anything!
Just thought Red Rum runners for one... off to have a search through
Seed Circle site http://seedsaverscircle.org/
My Blog, Mostly Tomato Mania http://mostlytomatomania.blogspot.co.uk/

goodlife

• Hectare
« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2015, 14:11:39 »
 :thumbsup: I didn't really need anything, but.... I did stock up with some more expensive seeds and had them in multiple bags to make 10 up  :toothy5:  :angel11:
That's it!....no more this sort of shopping... :angel11:

Paulines7

• Hectare
« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2015, 11:08:13 »
I put an order together last night but it wasn't accepting the 10 packets for £10 code even though they had sent me an email about the offer yesterday.  I rang them this morning and a lady said there were problems with their website so she has taken the order by phone.  She needs the codes for the seeds to do this manually and they are not shown when I open my basket.  She is going to look them up and then ring me back, so if anyone else is having trouble, I suggest you write down the codes before ringing them.

A really good offer.  Some of the seeds were normally £3.99 a packet.  I have just been rung back by T&M and paid for the order.   

I ordered some Moonlight runner beans and Barbara butternut squash.  The rest of my order was for flower seeds.
« Last Edit: January 15, 2015, 11:16:03 by Paulines7 »

Nora42

• Acre
« Reply #4 on: January 15, 2015, 11:49:11 »
hi I ordered 10 packets of seeds and it went through ok - just had a phone call from Thompson and morgan who explained the code didn't work and have given me a £15.61 refund so that's how much this offer has saved me. I am also shocked at this apparent T&M good customer service the like of which I have never seen before.
Nora
Norf London

kGarden

• Half Acre
    • kGarden Blog
« Reply #5 on: January 16, 2015, 00:42:04 »
Glad for folk that are getting a good deal, but it begs the question for me as to why, at Peak season, T&M are having a "fire sale"?

winecap

• Acre
    • Jon's Allotment
« Reply #6 on: January 16, 2015, 21:29:39 »
It may be peak season for buying seeds, but not for me. I had no intention of buying any more this year until I got this offer and started browsing. £1 /packet is just so reasonable I couldn't say no. That said, they didn't let me take a packet of their prize-winning pumpkin seed, at £15 for 2 seeds. That would have been nice for £1 but the deal wouldn't work for that. I saved 25.10 on the list price, and bought a good mix of things I would normally think were too expensive.

goodlife

• Hectare
« Reply #7 on: January 17, 2015, 09:53:26 »
Glad for folk that are getting a good deal, but it begs the question for me as to why, at Peak season, T&M are having a "fire sale"?

I think their seeds are over priced to start with..so they can afford all these  'every other week' offers. Seems like if one haven't ordered anything from them for a while, they are constantly sending emails and post with vouchers to keep you spending with them. Same seed varieties can be bought MUCH cheaper from other businesses and still they must make profit too!
£1 packet is good offer from T&M prices and I ended up buying stuff that I cannot get hold of from elsewhere...and cucs..£4 for 4 seeds!, now for £1..I've got enough for next couple of years and can now share some plants with others too... :angel11:

kGarden

• Half Acre
    • kGarden Blog
« Reply #8 on: January 17, 2015, 10:47:02 »
I try to stock up in the Wyevale 50p-a-packet end of season sale ... but even then Moles Seeds (their smallest packet is "large" :) ) is cheaper for some things.  Sweetcorn £3, or less, for 250 seeds.   Normal packets are 30-35 seeds, so even at 50p-a-packet Moles works out cheaper at their normal price.

Premier Seeds, on eBay, are mostly 99p a packet.  Smaller quantities of some things (I don't actually need 1,500 Lettuce seeds!), but I think they are very good value.

Poundland etc. good value of course, but tend to have a very limited range.  We grow specifically for flavour, so I'm fussy about varieties.

Jayb

• Global Moderator
  • Hectare
« Reply #9 on: January 18, 2015, 22:55:11 »
That said, they didn't let me take a packet of their prize-winning pumpkin seed, at £15 for 2 seeds. That would have been nice for £1 but the deal wouldn't work for that.

My order wouldn't go through on line so I rung them and they took my order order over the phone which included a packet of those pumpkin seeds  :toothy10: Wonder if they turn up?

I also bought a few packs of F1 cucumbers, Zeina F1, Cucino F1, Carmen F1, which will keep me going for a while!
I ordered Squash Buffy Ball and Butternut Barbara and a few other things. Happy with what I ordered as it was my pick of their range and like others, I wouldn't have ordered these normally as too pricey.

Agree Moles are brilliant for a lot of things, very reasonable cost for the amount of seeds you get, but some things are just too large a quantity for me to get through and a bit too much of an investment. Parsnips are great, a pack of 1000 Gladiator for £2.80, enough to share and with pretty good germination the second year, I only need to buy every other one.
Seed Circle site http://seedsaverscircle.org/
My Blog, Mostly Tomato Mania http://mostlytomatomania.blogspot.co.uk/

goodlife

• Hectare
« Reply #10 on: January 20, 2015, 10:34:15 »
Well.. my order arrived yesterday :icon_cheers: Very quick indeed! Today I had email that told me my order is now dispatched.. :drunken_smilie:
Oh well...you can't expect them being perfect...at least I did receive 9/10 of my packets...one is to come later on.

Btw...no wonder their seeds cost that much....all that fancy packaging and millions of leaflet to go with it..what's wrong with envelope or jiffi bag? :BangHead:

kGarden

• Half Acre
    • kGarden Blog
« Reply #11 on: January 20, 2015, 13:50:14 »
Btw...no wonder their seeds cost that much....all that fancy packaging and millions of leaflet to go with it..what's wrong with envelope or jiffi bag? :BangHead:

If that sort of "waste" bothers you, as it does me, best not to buy their Plug plants - each variety I ordered came in a separate package, with leaflets etc., often several in the same post ... and all posted from Holland ...

goodlife

• Hectare
« Reply #12 on: January 20, 2015, 14:49:39 »

If that sort of "waste" bothers you, as it does me, best not to buy their Plug plants - each variety I ordered came in a separate package, with leaflets etc., often several in the same post ... and all posted from Holland ...

Hmm...yes, it does bother me...though I don't tend to buy their plug plants..matter of principal as I haven't been happy with them in past. Their seeds did arrive in actual plug plant container!!!! I just feels silly and so wasteful.

kGarden

• Half Acre
    • kGarden Blog
« Reply #13 on: January 20, 2015, 15:43:02 »
Agreed. I used to think that my parents abhorred waste because of their wartime upbringing ... but as I get older I hate waste more and more.  I pay a fortune to avoid it - although usually I'm paying for labour (to allow something to be reused) which seems OK - perish the thought that I wind up paying for even-more-packaging to allow something to be reused!!

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal