Author Topic: Deep cleaning  (Read 5256 times)

ACE

• Hectare
Deep cleaning
« on: December 16, 2014, 13:30:36 »
I bet you thought I had the duster and broom out. But it is myself that needs it. Not the shampoo and shave type either. I had to have a few medical tests and was given a good talking too from the doc. I am not drinking enough water to help my stystem. In fact unless it has coffee or hops added I never touch the stuff (I've seen what fishes do in it). So I got myself a filter jug and have been giving it a whirl. I already have a fruit and muesli smoothy for brecky and now am under orders to have a few more fresh veggies, which I shall  have as a green smoothy for lunch. If I survive this regime it should be helping with my leg. Some of the concoctions are reasonably palatable like the apple, kale/spinach and ginger. So squeaky clean inside, but the foul mouth and dirty mind might need something stronger. I did see a vicar limping the other day which makes me think the last two are not a requirement.

goodlife

• Hectare
Re: Deep cleaning
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2014, 13:38:46 »
 :icon_cheers: HA!....this post wasn't as 'bad' as I first thought. When ever I see post with ACE 'attached' to it...I expect being ready for cleaning coffee from my computer screen. This time I was getting ready for the news that you are going to the proper deep cleaning mode(not just  nose)....word 'colonic' did enter my mind.. :icon_cheers:

Oh well.....bit of water and fresh green stuff never hurts and you do have to have a go once in your life time and experience what we girls may go through with our 'diets' every so often... :tongue3: Vitamin B content in beer in not what rumours say..diet change does wonders for you long hair too....you ARE worth it...! :icon_cheers:
« Last Edit: December 16, 2014, 13:43:08 by goodlife »

Tee Gee

• Hectare
  • Huddersfield - Light humus rich soil
    • The Gardener's Almanac
« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2014, 13:46:47 »
 :thumbsup: I like your attitude Ace

So squeaky clean inside, but the foul mouth and dirty mind might need something stronger.:brushteeth:   :occasion14:

I did see a vicar limping the other day which makes me think the last two are not a requirement:angel9: :confused2:

The last time I went to the doctors I had to wait two and a half weeks for an appointment only to find that I  had trouble in this department  :pottytrain5:

To clean me out the doctor said I had to go on 'all bran'

So all together for GP's and the NHS.

:wav:

Obelixx

• Hectare
  • Vendée, France
« Reply #3 on: December 16, 2014, 16:24:45 »
My gran, who died about 40 years ago, had bovver in that department too and, after treatment in hospital, was told to take All Bran every day.  She treated it as a medicine and diluted it in water in a glass.............   This is the woman who, after her house was converetd to North Sea gas from coal gas, attributed any problems with low gas pressure to the tide being out.

I have just had my personal MOT and all is hunky dory - blood pressure, blood sugars, cholesterol, hormones etc except for a slight lack of vitamin D so I can testify to the joys of eating good quality fruit and veg in decent quantities and drinking plenty of water.   OH has slightly high blood pressure so I've got him eating oats and bananas and plenty of red, green, yellow and orange fruit and veggies every day and beetroot at least twice a week.   

Just think how much better it will all taste when you're eating your own veggies next year Ace.   
Obxx - Vendée France

pumkinlover

« Reply #4 on: December 16, 2014, 17:50:30 »
Got me worried there Ace :glasses9:

ACE

• Hectare
« Reply #5 on: December 17, 2014, 09:21:12 »

Just think how much better it will all taste when you're eating your own veggies next year Ace.
Can't wait. I do have a lot of home grown apples, the russets are at their best now. I thought I would be up all night going to the toilet after all that water, 4 pints a day. But I seem to suffer more in that department with all the coffee I was drinking, which I have now cut down drastically. According to the Doc the coffee makes the blood work harder clearing it from your kidneys, where as plain water leaves the blood to do more important tasks. No difference in my leg as yet, but I should not get impatient, give it a few months and see how it goes.  The trouble with us silly old buggers is that it takes a wake up call to put things right. I used to think I worked hard manually and sweat out the toxins, so I'll leave the fitness and wellbeing to the cranks. But if I had the sense to look after myself better I would have the body of a Greek God instead of the build of  a Greek restaurant.

Obelixx

• Hectare
  • Vendée, France
« Reply #6 on: December 17, 2014, 11:23:32 »
I assumed this was to be a long term change Ace, not just a spring clean.   Good luck with the transformation.
Obxx - Vendée France

Digeroo

• Hectare
  • Cotswolds - Gravel - Alkaline
« Reply #7 on: December 17, 2014, 19:13:56 »
It took me 3 months to get over a fall/ cellutis, give yourself time.  Was so pleased when finally I could walk down stair properly and not doing dot and carry one while hanging on to the handrail for dear life.  Suggest measuring you leg, because the change might be slow.   

Please do not loose the
the foul mouth and dirty mind
you will need it, we need your sense of humour to get us through the winter. 

Is the apple, kale and ginger a recipe for a smoothie its sounds good, do not like spinach but the ginger should cover it well. 

Duke Ellington

• Hectare
« Reply #8 on: December 17, 2014, 19:48:39 »
Ace is Bang on trend with that beard!!
dont be fooled by the name I am a Lady!! :-*

ACE

• Hectare
« Reply #9 on: December 17, 2014, 22:02:52 »
Ace is Bang on trend with that beard!!

It will be better when it has grown properly, still at the designer stubble stage at the moment.

Is the apple, kale and ginger a recipe for a smoothie its sounds good, do not like spinach but the ginger should cover it well. 

Makes a good green smoothie, plenty of apple to mask the kale which can be a bit bitter

ACE

• Hectare
« Reply #10 on: December 19, 2014, 08:10:33 »
Whadaya reckon, Its working, not much but a bit a bit of improvement. The water is forced down as I am not keen on it.  I swopped the coffee for decaffeinated green tea, but I do miss my morning expresso and the lovely smell of the coffee perculating. It was suggested that a cup of instant coffee would be better but I can't stand the stuff so she brought home green tea instead. Getting used to it, as it is not too bad.

Obelixx

• Hectare
  • Vendée, France
« Reply #11 on: December 19, 2014, 08:54:11 »
Glad it's working.  Maybe once you're purged and mended you can have that early morning coffee but then stick to water or green tea for the rest of the day.

Have to confess I can't bear instant coffee and drink filtered decaf all day long but also water in between and with meals.
Obxx - Vendée France

pumkinlover

« Reply #12 on: December 19, 2014, 12:28:36 »
You are doing well Ace. I love water but would miss tea and coffee I even  take my cafeteier when I go out instead of instant. It gets a few laughs but I freely admit to being a tea and coffee snob. One place I go to had instant tea. Ugh!

ACE

• Hectare
« Reply #13 on: December 19, 2014, 12:51:44 »
You are doing well Ace. I love water but would miss tea and coffee I even  take my cafeteier when I go out instead of instant. It gets a few laughs but I freely admit to being a tea and coffee snob. One place I go to had instant tea. Ugh!

Snap. I have a cheap cafetiere in the car and a 12volt kettle. It takes a while but worth the wait. I am lucky that I have a xmas present every year from Jamaica. A big bag of Blue Mountain coffee beans. As for instant tea! I will only have loose tea in the pot. But I do have a little infuser if it is only for one cup. Green tea for me was snake oil but I've changed my mind now. I shall have to send off for some on the internet as we can only get bags around here.

goodlife

• Hectare
« Reply #14 on: December 19, 2014, 12:58:30 »
Green tea for me was snake oil
Ugh...yes...not my cup of tea neither...though I can make it taste quite nice with addition of couple of lemon verbena leaves...those two do compliment each others taste :happy7:

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal