Author Topic: Black Friday  (Read 4137 times)

Borlotti

• Hectare
  • Ryde
Black Friday
« on: November 27, 2014, 21:27:57 »
Is anyone looking for bargains tomorrow.  I have a £5 voucher from the Sun which I don't buy as a rule for fruit, vegs tomorrow, so off to get my bananas etc. have to spend £10 which isn't hard.  Don't think I will be queing at Asda tomorrow at 8 am.
Maybe some good bargains on the internet at midnight.

ACE

• Hectare
Re: Black Friday
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2014, 07:12:52 »
Those bargains were there yesterday and will still be there tomorrow. This is just a marketing ploy to get everyone into a buying frenzy.

Borlotti

• Hectare
  • Ryde
« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2014, 11:54:49 »
Well the Argos website is down, and I wanted to look at soup makers, but really don't know if they are better than an old fashioned saucepan.  Will try later.  Have got my heating allowance burning a hole in my pocket, as I pay direct debit monthly and have overpaid for gas, and they put money back in my account.  Hurray.  I was going to leave it there for when the weather changes to freezing.  Argos have given me 6 months interest free credit on the tablet and £10 voucher, so for once I have money to spend.

alkanet

• Half Acre
« Reply #3 on: November 28, 2014, 14:01:25 »
well on the positive side, if all these numpties are doing their Christmas shopping now, they won't be around when I hit John Lewis in a week or two. No?No?

sparrow

• Acre
    • mudandgluts
« Reply #4 on: November 28, 2014, 16:05:53 »
In veggie-buying terms, there are 3 offers on all weekend and ending Monday at midnight:

DT Brown has free postage.

T&M have 20% off everything on their site.

Marshalls have 20% off everything on their site.

galina

• Hectare
  • Johanniskirchen
« Reply #5 on: November 28, 2014, 16:52:59 »
It's awful - people are getting hurt.  'Black' Friday indeed  :BangHead:

Borlotti

• Hectare
  • Ryde
« Reply #6 on: November 28, 2014, 17:44:39 »
Argos and PC World/Currys wasn't too bad, had a quick look. Then got my fruit and veg from Morrisons with £5 voucher from The Sun newspaper.  Cashier said all the papers were over the floor last night with the coupons cut out, people couldn't even pay 40p for the newspaper.  I have got enough bananas and oranges carrots onions and spinach so did OK.  Just going next door to give some to my neighbour as her 3 grown up children are still at home and we can't eat it all. Spent nothing in the sales, couldn't find a soup maker, so have given a donation to the poor donkeys that carry bricks.  Happy days, so much greed around. Was going to the lovely allotment but it gets dark so early.  Tomorrow maybe. As my mother used to say everything bad comes from America.

kGarden

• Half Acre
    • kGarden Blog
« Reply #7 on: November 28, 2014, 18:54:49 »
I wanted to look at soup makers, but really don't know if they are better than an old fashioned saucepan

I've got one (and a saucepan :) ).  Dunno if "better" compared to a saucepan, but it does make the soup unattended, which my saucepan won't - without boiling over / dry / burning!

My soup maker looks just like a liquidiser except that it has a heating element too, and some buttons offering "Chunky" or "Smooth" etc. I put the left over (cooked) veg from the evening meal into the vessel, and usually the water from the steamer plus a stock cube unless I have some stock made, press the button and come back 20 minutes or so later when it beeps. I include all the storks from Brocolli and the tough ends from Asparagus etc. (which get steamed, separately, with the evening meal too) and shove the finished soup through a Mouli (food mill) to get the stringy bits out.  I think its an excellent piece of kit; I expect they are all much of a muchness, but FWIW mine is made by Andrew James
https://andrewjamesworldwide.com/UserControls/productIndividual.aspx?ProductID=350

Pescador

• Hectare
« Reply #8 on: November 29, 2014, 07:20:27 »
Wow, Kgarden
I occasionally I get greenfly or caterpillars, but I've never yet seen a stork in there. I must check more carefully in future!
Like us on Facebook. Paul's Preserves and Pickles.
Miskin, Pontyclun. S. Wales.
Every pickle helps!

ACE

• Hectare
« Reply #9 on: November 29, 2014, 08:57:45 »
My sons tv broke down so I gave him ours giving me the excuse to buy a smart tv. Currys was busy but not hectic and I had a nice chat with the sony demonstrator who does not work for currys but was in the store. Walked me through all the bits and pieces I wanted to know and offered me a deal on a set.  He gave me his email if I had trouble setting it which was very handy as he phoned and talked me through getting it going.

Good service I say.

Nigel B

• Hectare
« Reply #10 on: November 29, 2014, 19:15:16 »
I am absolutely shocked and stunned..... Pictures of human greed beyond anything I have seen before.

How easy is it to control people?
Call a vote and the polling stations look like this: 

Ask people to protest against the unfair austerity cuts, and it looks like this:

Tell people there are a few quid off a smart telly, and this happens!

'Black Friday' is America's traditional after-Thanksgiving sales. Nothing at all to do with the UK. How the heck did it arrive here? And for what? So people can fight to spend money they either don't have or were gifted. :BangHead:

What have we become?   :sad10:

I

"Carry on therefore with your good work.  Do not rest on your spades, except for those brief periods which are every gardeners privilege."

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal