Author Topic: Still kicking in Canada..from Jeannine  (Read 3207 times)

Jeannine

• Hectare
  • Mapleridge BC Canada
Still kicking in Canada..from Jeannine
« on: November 25, 2014, 23:33:09 »
Hi everyone, just got a few moments to myself which seems very rare these days and  thought I would stop in and say hello.

Updates.. me I am OK, very tired and getting more immobile as the months go by but keeping chipper.

John, continues to deteriorate,he still knows me..just..but can do very little for himself now and it is very difficult to keep going but I am managing it. He gives me a few good laughs now and again, like yesterday when he had two different slippers on and flatly refused to acknowledge they were different so,, what the heck,, he was comfortable so he wore them all day.

I have finally taken help and have someone come in twice a week to shower him and then then visit, play cards, whatever.. she is here today hence the spare bit of time.

Gardening.. well the plots have gone, it was impossible to even get to them. I do have a super greenhouse at home and a few raised beds so I can play in the muck with John in the good weather.

Sadly I lost my young dog..(please don't mention it as it hurts like heck), but I have recently got 2 beautiful Chihuahua puppies which John  adores and they are doing very well. I just couldn't be without something to cuddle and they take no work really, they get all the exercise they need chasing each other, no long hair so easy to maintain,,but they are so small. They sleep in my bed and feel like living hot water bottles. Mabel is black and white and her litter sister Florence is fawn and white.

I hope everyone is fine. I will try and read some of the forum while here.

I see there are some very old messages there for me, thank you for them I will try and briefly answer.

Take care everyone and hug your loved ones..sometimes they can't love back anymore but it still feels good.

My very best wishes to all me friends

XX Jeannine
When God blesses you with a multitude of seeds double  the blessing by sharing your  seeds with other folks.

GrannieAnnie

• Hectare
  • in Delaware, USA growing zone 6 or 7
Re: Still kicking in Canada..from Jeannine
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2014, 00:20:59 »
Jeanine,

It was good to hear from you again. I am sorry that you are slowing down. That seems to be the case for some of us as well. If you hear of a cure for slowing down please let me know asap! : ) Hearing that the greenhouse is working out for you instead of the allotment was great news and really makes so much more sense than straining to keep up with too much work. I imagine looking out the window and seeing things blooming in the greenhouse must be a pleasant sight each day during the off season.

Reading about your two doggies made me smile. What a great idea to have two that can exercise each other in the house instead of having to take them out in the rain or snow. Plus they entertain their owners. What did you name the little rascals?

We had a good crop of winter squashes again this year from the seeds you sent two years ago.I think of you often when I see them hanging in the basement. And the wild birds are liking the squash seeds mixed into their feedbox. In fact there is a tray of seeds drying in the oven now just in time for our first snow expected on Thanksgiving.

Have a good and healthy winter.

The handle on your recliner does not qualify as an exercise machine.

gazza1960

• Hectare
« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2014, 06:39:37 »
Pleased you found time to pop in and say hello,you are missed in here but with life changing priorities i can read that your day is full.
But still sounds like you grab those rare moments to enjoy life with family.
Animals always give of their Luv freely and those warm hugs from your new pups will keep you cosy
Over the winter to come.
I'm sure your GH will still provide that tonic that we all enjoy from growing,your big Tommy seeds you sent me thrived well,and provided some stunning fruits.

Sending you a BIG Gazza hug,keep well and stay in touch.

Gazza

galina

• Hectare
  • Johanniskirchen
« Reply #3 on: November 26, 2014, 08:12:27 »
Dear Jeannine,

so good to hear from you. Thankyou for checking in for a while.  Glad you now have help.  Everybody needs a bit of 'me' time and it sounds like you are now regularly getting a little.  Great.  Sorry to hear that John is progressing, but I am glad that there is still a little bit of 'him' left.  Sorry about your mobility issues.  Mabel and Florence sound a hoot, good they give you both many hours of fun and pleasure.

Well here I also often think of you, there are just so many garden plants that originated from your seeds.  The Peppadews and the squash Temprano de Argelia gave lots of seeds, enough to share further in the seed circle.  The Red Boar tomatoes were producing like mad this year.  Have only just taken in the last few.  Rich flavour and strong plants.  Your advice in a personal matter also still holds good.  Thank you again.

If you've got your breath back after Gazza's bear hug, there's one from me too  :sunny:   :wave:

Paulines7

• Hectare
« Reply #4 on: November 26, 2014, 11:29:00 »
Big hugs from me too, Jeannine.  I often think of you and wonder how you and John are getting on.  Pleased to hear that you are getting some help as it will give you a bit of a break.  I know from looking after my Mum and Dad how difficult it can be looking after someone with Alzheimers.

Your pups Mabel and Florence sound good fun.  They will be good company for each other.

It is lovely to hear from you Jeannine and hope you will pop in again to say hello when you get a few minutes to yourself. 

Love and hugs from Pauline  xxxx

lottie lou

• Hectare
  • Birmingham
« Reply #5 on: November 26, 2014, 11:41:37 »
Hello Jeannine

Lovely to hear from you.  Big hugs from me too.  Glad you have help now with John and are enjoying your garden and greenhouse.  Get a chair and sit in there in the spring and watch things grow when you have a bit of "me" time.  It is sooooo relaxing.

Love
May

rosebud

• Hectare
    • allotments4all
« Reply #6 on: November 26, 2014, 14:54:44 »
 Hello Jeannine, :wave: how lovely to hear from you , I am always thinking of you. So pleased you have some help 2 days a week  you must take some me time when  the help is there. Your pups sound lovely & of course they are company for you.
Lots of love & hugs to you & John.
Take care now.
Love Mary xxx.

tricia

• Hectare
  • Torbay, Devon
« Reply #7 on: November 26, 2014, 23:16:16 »
Often think of you Jeannine - good to hear that you get a little respite and 'me time'. I often wonder if you were pleased with the material and if it turned out as well as you hoped. Take care - big hug! :wave:

Tricia

Digeroo

• Hectare
  • Cotswolds - Gravel - Alkaline
« Reply #8 on: November 27, 2014, 01:57:03 »
Lovely to hear from you and that amazed you are still managing to stay positive.  Coping with the first bit of help is a great hurdle to have passed.  Hopefully you will be able to increase that when necessary.  Don't fprget to organise some help for yourself.  Sometimes you need to come first.

The pups sound good a bit of fun to have around.     

My mother got dementia and really liked looking at old photos and books with loads of pictures particularly on past events.   It will be nice to enjoy the garden again when the warmth returns. 

I hope you will find a few moments to pop in and see us again.

Digeroo.

goodlife

• Hectare
« Reply #9 on: November 27, 2014, 09:45:35 »
 :wave: How nice to hear from you...!

...sending you all the spare energy and will power....though I bet your little 'nippers' are like energy generators and will pass it on to you on every hug and cuddle  :icon_cheers:

Take care and do come back to 'see' us again when you have spare moment and you feel like it.

Jeannine

• Hectare
  • Mapleridge BC Canada
« Reply #10 on: December 06, 2014, 18:12:00 »
What a wonderful response, thank you, you all such great folks and it made my day to read your responses.

The few hours respite care is good but cannot bring myself to go further than that although everyone and I mean everyone is pushing me to 24 hour care. I did have a 10 day break organised for next week but cancelled ..it is like sending your kids to school for the first time I think. I think I can cope for some time yet.

We have had some laughs along with the tears and a few scares too. John was admitted to hospital about a month ago after we found him eating  laundry detergent pods, I think they thought they were mints..white with green and red stripes. Anyway apart from burning his throat and a bit lower he was OK... but folks keep them away from your kids. It never entered my head but we have kiddie proofed everywhere now.

Is there any news I have missed that is important, if so could some one fill me in with a PM if need be. I feel so out of touch now.

Tricia, I have still not had tome to use my fabric although it is perfect and funnily enough I fished it outtoday  and it is sitting on my table as we speak so maybe if I get a quiet day I may have a go with it..thank you again.

God Bless you all

XX Jeannine
When God blesses you with a multitude of seeds double  the blessing by sharing your  seeds with other folks.

caroline7758

• Hectare
  • Berwick-upon-Tweed
« Reply #11 on: December 06, 2014, 18:55:17 »
Glad to see you popping in again, Jeannine xxx

Jayb

• Global Moderator
  • Hectare
« Reply #12 on: December 06, 2014, 20:40:40 »
Good to see you, take good care both.
Seed Circle site http://seedsaverscircle.org/
My Blog, Mostly Tomato Mania http://mostlytomatomania.blogspot.co.uk/

Digeroo

• Hectare
  • Cotswolds - Gravel - Alkaline
« Reply #13 on: December 06, 2014, 21:33:22 »
When my mother needed 24 hr care, it was all organised in a bit of a rush.  I wish we had had more time to choose.  Places in the best homes do not necessarily appear just when you want them.  Suggest you check them out before things become urgent. 

Make sure you look after yourself.  Try and have some breaks. I am sure it will help you cope better.

Keeping kicking!
« Last Edit: December 06, 2014, 21:35:04 by Digeroo »

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal