Author Topic: Warm or what?  (Read 5137 times)

gazza1960

• Hectare
Re: Warm or what?
« Reply #20 on: November 25, 2014, 16:41:50 »
You need to get the Ol fella to wrap up warm with you on the beach Pauline "The whiting are waiting",,,,,, :tongue3:

The cod have been running for weeks Ace,250 plus anglers fished the Chesil Beach open and over 400 codling were caught
but only up to 3.5 lb.....the frosts will see the BIG whiting arrive.....time for me to go then.

Yes Ace I will be going to Wimborne market Friday morning,ill let you know if there are any fruit bushes for sale.....
...you looking for anything particular mate...? as I can always get you a few ACE and meet you at Lymington Ferry car park for an exchange........

of course I can just just let you know so you can have a day out on the mainland.

as this is our 1st Christmas down here I want to check it out to see whats on offer.

Jude wants to go to Winchester market on sunday as well as their German Christmas market is on the same weekend,as shes starting her new job down here we though it best not to begger off to The Black Forest Germany again...so were doing Germany on the cheap
by just going to Winchester.....we hope its good  !!!!!!!!!   :tongue3:

Gazza

ACE

• Hectare
« Reply #21 on: November 25, 2014, 18:05:24 »
The need to escape comes on me now and again, so I will be popping over to Wimbourne, but thanks for the offer. As I am just restarting again on the allotment any fruit will do, but redcurrant especially. Also look out for rhubarb.

I was talking about proper cod, the nice big ones that hang out by the Needles, plus whip around the corner to Scratchells Bay for some sweet medium whiting.

gazza1960

• Hectare
« Reply #22 on: November 25, 2014, 22:04:29 »
yer,no worries,Ill give you a shout after Friday with what fruit bushes they have....if any.

are,now your talking....me mate andy used to come over from Yarmouth and collect me from  Keyhaven and take me
out past the needles for monster cod Pollock up to 13lb and some channel whiting....good days.

Paulines7

• Hectare
« Reply #23 on: November 26, 2014, 12:06:56 »
You need to get the Ol fella to wrap up warm with you on the beach Pauline "The whiting are waiting",,,,,, :tongue3:

I can't think of anything worse than sitting on a beach in this weather!  He feels it's bad enough having to dash out to the shed for logs so I can imagine his reply if I suggested a fishing trip.     :hmh:  Even working in the garden is out of bounds this weather.  On the plus side though he has spent the past few weeks working indoors and as well as decorating, he has been catching up with those little jobs that have been outstanding for yonks. 

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal