Author Topic: SEVERE RANT!!  (Read 4929 times)

Digeroo

• Hectare
  • Cotswolds - Gravel - Alkaline
Re: SEVERE RANT!!
« Reply #20 on: November 14, 2014, 08:55:05 »
 Have to say that 2mbps is pedestrian in the extreme since my phone thinks I am getting 65.  Though a check through BT gives only 12mb, but no time, could be per hour.   Seems our county council has contracted BT to upgrade the internet, so presume we pay for that as well whether we use it or not.

Not sure the mobile phone companies are any better.  We recently lost Vodafone for two months and they were pretty bad about it.  I made less than 1/2% of my monthly call allowance, and to start with they only offered me a 50% reduction.  After hassling with them for literally hours, I refused to pay anything.  They say they do not have to provide a service at a particular location.  But having said they covered my area they cut it off but still expected me to pay.  :BangHead: So I got a Tmobile pay as you go and it turned out to be overpay as you go and I made about 5 phone calls for £10.  So now with 3, told they can be a nightmare as well, but so far things are ok for me a lot cheaper than Vodafone. 

No Bs in the names but still a load of right Bs.

Constantly having a battle with BT who will only talk to my OH because his name is on the account.  Had a real nightmare with them because the wire to the house had deteriorated you could see the bare metal wire, seems they put in the wrong type in the first place, but when they tested the line it was ok so refused to send an engineer but it cut out every time it rained.    In the end I had to agree to pay for it and the call out charge was enormous, but finally they admitted it was their responsibility and I did not pay. :BangHead:   

But I still like fon, but seeing the price of talktalk it seems a rather expensive luxury.  In some areas everyone is on talktalk so the fon is useless.  Maybe talktalk would be cheaper.

« Last Edit: November 14, 2014, 09:07:58 by Digeroo »

telboy

• Hectare
  • I love Allotments4All
« Reply #21 on: November 27, 2014, 11:17:07 »
Well! A decent newspaper has printed an article highlighting the 'cartel' that is screwing the likes of you and me.
Next year it will be repeated!! What a bunch of thieving barstewards.

[/URL][/img]
Eskimo Nel was a great Inuit.

alkanet

• Half Acre
« Reply #22 on: November 27, 2014, 16:28:43 »
ah ISPs

where "up to" mysteriously now always means "less than"

andyswarbs

• Not So New ...
    • Eynsham Allotment Association
« Reply #23 on: November 27, 2014, 16:42:08 »
Bring back the modem!  Da-di-la, Da-di-la, da-diiiiiiii-la, or whatever.  A most reassuring sound ever invented.  Eee, I remember the days of acoustic coupling modem at a rate of 1 micro-byte per annum, and that's if you were lucky!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal