Author Topic: cellulitis  (Read 19044 times)

Digeroo

• Hectare
  • Cotswolds - Gravel - Alkaline
Re: cellulitis
« Reply #20 on: October 30, 2014, 02:57:34 »
Pleased to hear you are now getting the right treatment.

I am not sure that even with all the antibiotics etc that getting rid of cellulitis is a quick fix. 

I can recommend turmeric tea.  I fry teaspoon of turmeric powder in a teaspoon of oil for a few moments, then add 2/3 cup of water and boil for a few minutes with ground pepper (it should be 10 minutes but I get bored waiting), then pour into a cup and add teaspoon of honey and either milk or plain yoghurt. 

If you do not like it you can use the turmeric to test for boron in your water and soil instead.

ACE

• Hectare
« Reply #21 on: October 30, 2014, 06:25:02 »
Well if the turmeric works for you, go for it, I'll stick to something stronger.  When this lot clears up I shall see if the clinic has a scheme where I can get  treatment at the first hint of trouble. I am not a wimp but the last few days have been horrendous.

Still not right, but the treatment is starting to work, yesterday morning after passing out a few times, I wondered wether I would still be here at the end of the day. I even showed mother where my will is hidden. She did not know I had one.  Had to re-hide  it again this morning but you can bet she will be sneaking about trying to find it's new hiding place.

All I need now is something tempting to eat, something that will stay with me for more than ten minutes, that will give me some energy that I can eat with a knife and fork. All this slop in a glass I am being force fed has it's advantages when it is coming back up, but I am bloody starving.

gazza1960

• Hectare
« Reply #22 on: October 30, 2014, 06:25:32 »
I'd willingly get the Lymington ferry over to Yarmouth and come and  find you in hospital and play some uplifting toons on me squuzebox as I know you enjoy the accordion but I think the hospital staff would want to know where the cat wailing noise was eminating from.........  :blob7:

So I'll leave that mad idea and just wish you a full recovery from your ongoing problem fella.

Gazza

ACE

• Hectare
« Reply #23 on: October 30, 2014, 07:13:46 »
Come on Gazza, give me a nice recipe to drool over, not to spicy, light, nourishing and tasty. Favorite foods, smoked fish, crayfish, prawns, English cheeses, something pie shaped.

grannyjanny

• PMs
  • Hectare
  • Lives in Cheshire. Light sandy soil. Loves no dig.
« Reply #24 on: October 30, 2014, 07:41:56 »
Ace did you mean to say 'anything' pie shaped :icon_cheers:? Hope you are on the mend.

goodlife

• Hectare
« Reply #25 on: October 30, 2014, 08:10:04 »
Talking about food ?!...you must be feeling better  :happy7:
« Last Edit: October 30, 2014, 08:14:09 by goodlife »

Digeroo

• Hectare
« Reply #26 on: October 30, 2014, 10:28:54 »
I suggested the turmeric as well as anything else.   You certainly need the antibiotics.

They should see you as an emergency if you turn up at the small injuries, your gp or A&E.  At the first hint of trouble I jump in the car any time of day.  111 is a waste of space.  It took 15 minutes hassling on the phone, and several hours before a doctor who hardly spoke English phoned me back.  Had turned up at local small injuries and been treated by the time they rang back.

You have not got rid of it yet.   Sorry to be depressing but it can be difficult to shift.

Suggest plain yoghurt maybe a little honey in it.

Are you keeping those legs up? 

GrannieAnnie

• Hectare
  • in Delaware, USA growing zone 6 or 7
« Reply #27 on: October 30, 2014, 14:16:41 »
Very very sorry to hear all you've been through, ACE, which came a bit too close to the final curtain from the sounds of it. Quick healing to you. Please, though, do not take any short cuts as you start to feel a bit better; that's always a bad temptation. But you wouldn't be one to dance with Temptation, would you?
The handle on your recliner does not qualify as an exercise machine.

ACE

• Hectare
« Reply #28 on: October 30, 2014, 15:47:41 »
Yep keeping the leg up, but don't make your eyes water when you put them back down again and the blood rushes back in. Looks like it ain't going to shift very quickly. I was a fool to start with, not getting it seen too for a couple of days. Lost two stone in 5 days with all the sweating and not keeping food down, but like you say the  yoghurt fills a small hole and we have loads of fruit in the orchard which gets blitzed with a few veggies into smoothies which must give a bit of nourishment before it comes back up. I might as well bung some turmeric in the next one, they are discusting anyway. The leg is still huge and red hot, but I think the lotions will stop it ulcerating. Sue takes a photo each day to compare. 

Strange how the dogs who are usually all wriggles and squirming around your legs in the morning, give you space and come up gently to sit and greet you. Although they are both sitting on forbidden ground on the sofa, knowing I cannot get to them.

Silverleaf

• Hectare
  • Chesterfield, clay, acidic
    • The Rainbow Pea Project
« Reply #29 on: October 30, 2014, 17:40:29 »
Is it worth getting some of those horrible high calorie Complan drinks that are supposed to build you up after/during illness?

I haven't tried it, but ginger's supposed to help with nausea. And I know women who swore by plain savoury biscuits (dry crackers/water biscuits/Ritz biscuits/etc) for their morning sickness while pregnant. Might be worth a try!

pumkinlover

« Reply #30 on: October 30, 2014, 20:30:44 »
Dogs can be very sensitive ! Hope that you keep going in the right direction. Just as you were licking the new plot into shape. Greetings to Sue. Just thinking its a good job that you don't have a Nissan Micra as you would never get in it in your present predicament.

ACE

• Hectare
« Reply #31 on: October 31, 2014, 05:21:37 »
I cannot even get into the gas guzzler unless we flatten the back seats and I can lay on a bit of foam.  It is back with a vengeance this morning. Every bit of my left leg up to my knee has now got inflamed and feels like I have scalded it with boiling water The black dog has come back into the house, it's going to take a big stick to get it to go.

Digeroo

• Hectare
« Reply #32 on: October 31, 2014, 08:04:04 »
Time you got back to the hospital ASAP

BarriedaleNick

• Global Moderator
  • Hectare
  • Cartaxo, Portugal
    • Barriedale Allotments
« Reply #33 on: October 31, 2014, 08:04:39 »
Bloddy Hell Ace - I had seen the thread but hadn't really read it till just now.  I never realised what a bugger cellulitis is and how debilitating it can be. I can thoroughly recommend the complan style drinks - they're not food as we know it but it does get the nutrients in (if you can hold it down)..

Best of British and all that and here's to hoping that you'll be back on the new plot before long.
Moved to Portugal - ain't going back!

galina

• Hectare
  • Johanniskirchen
« Reply #34 on: October 31, 2014, 09:01:37 »
Time you got back to the hospital ASAP

Yes, please do.  This isn't getting better fast without full time hospital care, if it hasn't responded to antibiotics by now.  Time to get pro-active.  Wish you a speedy recovery. 

antipodes

• Hectare
  • W. France, 5m x 20m (900 ft2)
    • My allotment blog
« Reply #35 on: October 31, 2014, 10:15:38 »
Take care and get well soon. Be nice to the nurses!! :-)
2012 - Snow in February, non-stop rain till July. Blight and rot are rife. Thieving voles cause strife. But first runner beans and lots of greens. Follow an English allotment in urban France: http://roos-and-camembert.blogspot.com

GrannieAnnie

• Hectare
  • in Delaware, USA growing zone 6 or 7
« Reply #36 on: October 31, 2014, 10:33:38 »
ACE, You've quit delaying and aren't fiddling around at home with this life-threat anymore, right?

Recently (last week) I foolishly didn't consult my physician soon enough and therefore ended up in the hospital 3 nights;
Penny wise but pound foolish behavior. And also plain risky "teenager-invincible" type thinking.

Get well in the hospital, please.
The handle on your recliner does not qualify as an exercise machine.

ACE

• Hectare
« Reply #37 on: October 31, 2014, 14:14:20 »
Stop worrying a big white van is coming to get me. Doctors orders.

Jayb

• Global Moderator
  • Hectare
« Reply #38 on: October 31, 2014, 19:06:59 »
Good, take care and get better soon  :wave:
Seed Circle site http://seedsaverscircle.org/
My Blog, Mostly Tomato Mania http://mostlytomatomania.blogspot.co.uk/

pumkinlover

« Reply #39 on: October 31, 2014, 20:50:32 »
Stop worrying a big white van is coming to get me. Doctors orders.

Hope that you get the treatment that you obviously need. I knew you were bad  when you didn't rise to the Micra comment

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal