Author Topic: cellulitis  (Read 19486 times)

ACE

• Hectare
cellulitis
« on: October 28, 2014, 06:55:47 »
Not nice is it.  I don't think I have felt so rough before . Went to bed and woke up two hours later, sweating shaking, aching and yelling down the big white telephone. Made it through the night only to find I could not walk and my leg was twice its normal size. Hopefully the anti wotsits will clear it up, if not into the hospital for some serious injections if it spreads past the lines drawn on my leg.

pumkinlover

Re: cellulitis
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2014, 07:02:24 »
Have you got some painkillers  Ace? Hopefully the antibiotics will kick in soon in the mean time rest and elevate.

ACE

• Hectare
« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2014, 07:30:20 »
Nothing seems to work. I do have some high powered capsules left over from another ailment. But they might just mess things up even more.

goodlife

• Hectare
« Reply #3 on: October 28, 2014, 07:46:54 »
Oh dear. I hope you get help quickly and get better soon!

I just had to google about cellulitis..had kind of idea but didn't know much about it....

Digeroo

• Hectare
  • Cotswolds - Gravel - Alkaline
« Reply #4 on: October 28, 2014, 08:20:59 »
Not nice at all.  I am rather prone to it.  They insisted that I have leg above your heart.  It can be very difficult to shift.

Sometimes they can do the injections at home.  Nurse came and did the intraveneous bit.   

I had antibiotic for eight weeks.  Do look after yourself.

Yorkshire Lass

• Acre
« Reply #5 on: October 28, 2014, 10:52:03 »
It's very painful. Keep your leg elevated, take the antibiotics and ask for some painkillers.

antipodes

• Hectare
  • W. France, 5m x 20m (900 ft2)
    • My allotment blog
« Reply #6 on: October 28, 2014, 14:06:29 »
ah yuck! Looks just horrible! Hope you feel better soon.
2012 - Snow in February, non-stop rain till July. Blight and rot are rife. Thieving voles cause strife. But first runner beans and lots of greens. Follow an English allotment in urban France: http://roos-and-camembert.blogspot.com

Digeroo

• Hectare
« Reply #7 on: October 28, 2014, 19:33:59 »
Forget don't forget plenty to drink, and sorry no alcohol. :BangHead:

SamLouise

• Global Moderator
  • Hectare
« Reply #8 on: October 28, 2014, 20:52:48 »
That'll teach me to google image it  :icon_puke_l:

Must be quite frightening to those suffering so here's wishing it doesn't hang around too long! Do as your told (inc no alcohol!)  :sad4:

ACE

• Hectare
« Reply #9 on: October 29, 2014, 06:33:34 »
First food since Saturday. Only a pear smoothy but that terrible ache has gone. Big problem now I have lost the use of my leg, I am moving around on a wheeled office chair as the silly cheap walking stick collapsed, sent me crashing through the mattress on the bed breaking a few slats. I will have to get the doc in on a home visit and see if some injections will work. I would not wish this on my worst enemy.

Jayb

• Global Moderator
  • Hectare
« Reply #10 on: October 29, 2014, 07:25:01 »
Hope this starts improving and you get some relief very soon, maybe you need stronger or different meds to get it under check?
Seed Circle site http://seedsaverscircle.org/
My Blog, Mostly Tomato Mania http://mostlytomatomania.blogspot.co.uk/

grannyjanny

• PMs
  • Hectare
  • Lives in Cheshire. Light sandy soil. Loves no dig.
« Reply #11 on: October 29, 2014, 07:33:48 »
Take care Ace. Nasty. SiL gets it & it's a bugger for her to shift.

Digeroo

• Hectare
« Reply #12 on: October 29, 2014, 08:18:17 »
I will have to get the doc in on a home visit
  Not sure they do this any more.   :BangHead:

I had to drive 25 minutes to local hospital, and then drive back with a cannula in my arm so the nurse could come and do the intravenous on subsequent days. 

I have always been told to try and keep walking even if it is just a few steps.  Keep exercising gently.

It seems to make me sensitive to things, I ended up allergic to everything,  I had to change all my toiletries and home cleaning products to non allergic types.

IF you ever have the problem again you need to get to the hospital emergency dept or small injury unit asap even if it is the middle of the night.  The sooner you start the medication the better.

ACE

• Hectare
« Reply #13 on: October 29, 2014, 08:52:42 »
You could not make it up. Rang 111 for advice after all the questions I was told to ring my local health centre and get them to see me within two hours. They are a bit lax on answering the phone so mother popped around to tell them. Nobody availiable until 4. oclock. they rang me before she got back and told me to get around there in the next hour. They already knew I was immobile and it would be very very difficult, Hissing down with rain, cant get a shoe on, cant even get trousers on. How the feck I am going to get there god knows. They don't even have a wheelchair  we could borrow.

Yorkshire Lass

• Acre
« Reply #14 on: October 29, 2014, 09:12:18 »
I would ring 999 and get the paramedics to take you into A & E. If you can't get to the surgery it is an emergency.  Your surgery sounds useless
« Last Edit: October 29, 2014, 09:19:23 by Yorkshire Lass »

Paulines7

• Hectare
« Reply #15 on: October 29, 2014, 10:37:56 »
I have just seen this thread and I am so sorry that you are going through so much, Ace.  It sounds a nasty thing to have.  I had never heard of the condition before and had to google it. 

I hope you can get help soon. 

pumkinlover

« Reply #16 on: October 29, 2014, 17:53:16 »
Oh dear Ace. I hope that you post again with some better news.

ACE

• Hectare
« Reply #17 on: October 29, 2014, 18:58:30 »
I was all for padding out the wheelbarrow and getting my son to wheel me in. But mother being in the trade scrounged a wheelchair, so hissing down with a monsoon with me in a baggy pair of shorts we stormed the clinic. As soon as they saw me they went straight  to work. Injections, blood tests, every bit of equipment that bleeped, whistled, flashed lights hooked up to me. I did throw up as I was a bit shaken up by the trip.

Proper treatment now as I was inches away from septicemia. Nurse every 4 hours as the hospital has run out of beds and some high powered pain killers that work, feeling reasonably comfortable. Lotioned right up from the toes to the family jewels to stop the skin splitting open.

Drinking little tubs of special yoghurt drinks and hoping what stays down will stop my stomach tuning itself inside out as the antibiotics kill the good ones along with the bad.

Sue is trying to tempt me with all my favourite meals, getting a bit of a nuisance really with all her blathering and fussing about, so I close my eyes and pretend I'm asleep.

Silverleaf

• Hectare
  • Chesterfield, clay, acidic
    • The Rainbow Pea Project
« Reply #18 on: October 29, 2014, 22:19:38 »
Hope you feel better soon Ace, that sounds horrible. :(

rosebud

• Hectare
    • allotments4all
« Reply #19 on: October 30, 2014, 00:11:45 »
 Pleased to hear better news on your condition ACE, do take care hope it soon goes away with the treatment you are getting.
 All the best to you  get well soon .

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal