Author Topic: Malaysian Bass Fish Curry,with Rice & Coriander Roti  (Read 6839 times)

galina

• Hectare
  • Johanniskirchen
Re: Malaysian Bass Fish Curry,with Rice & Coriander Roti
« Reply #20 on: October 24, 2014, 06:05:20 »

Are you trying to get rid of me,Galina?    :sad10:  Lol ....just joking.    :laughing7: 

This is what your link says about the stevia seeds:

Hairy green foliage and small white flowers.   Part of the James Wong Homegrown Revolution Range.  Ornamental herb.

Grows well in pots on your patio. PLEASE NOTE: Plant not approved for human consumption.

:laughing4:

That's old news - there was a time when stevia was not approved for human consumption, not because it causes any problems to health, but because it hadn't undergone rigorous testing like drugs have to.  However now that you can buy powdered stevia sweetener in Asda (and presumably other places too), they must have finally got it approved. 

James Wong - do get with the times on your seed packets!

Gazza, I got one plant, lives in the conservatory, sprouts during summer, dies down in winter.  Had it for 3 years now.  Has never flowered.  Every spring I top up the compost and give a little fertiliser when I see the new growth.  The leaves are very sweet.  I stick them in with stewed rhubarb etc and with bottled tomatoes that have to have a spoonful of vinegar added, to counteract the acidity.  Lots of uses, but you'd need a dozen plants to replace all sweetener.   

gazza1960

• Hectare
« Reply #21 on: October 24, 2014, 07:03:14 »
Yes,I was reading about its public consumption in Asia so don't expect it to be made suitable for sale without rigorous testing.

Ok,thanks Galina I'm looking forward to growing it in and out if it tolerates our climate.

Silverleaf

• Hectare
  • Chesterfield, clay, acidic
    • The Rainbow Pea Project
« Reply #22 on: November 13, 2014, 21:22:18 »
Just did this with a couple of salmon fillets that I picked up at our local Tesco Metro last night for 10p! (Gotta love the reduced food section.) Added runner beans, mangetout and baby corn, also 10p each.

Yum! :)

alkanet

• Half Acre
« Reply #23 on: November 13, 2014, 21:32:19 »
Yes,I was reading about its public consumption in Asia so don't expect it to be made suitable for sale without rigorous testing.

Ok,thanks Galina I'm looking forward to growing it in and out if it tolerates our climate.

oh I thought you meant the basa fish
which according to the Catfish Growers Association of America, is full of arsenic, bacteria and toxins, and swims in the effluvia of 90 million Vietnamese. It is surprise surprise a catfish

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal