Author Topic: Another half-plot :D  (Read 2145 times)

chriscross1966

• Hectare
  • Visionhairy
Another half-plot :D
« on: September 26, 2014, 19:20:49 »
Woohoo.... council have let me have another half plot next to one of my current ones, so I'll be able to knock them together and plant potatoes crossways with the rotavator :-).... they're also allowing me to replace my polytunnel with a greenhouse.... so I'm hitting ebay looking for something around the 12x8 size.....one other thing it measn is that plot one can be dedicated entirely to fruit and other perennials, plots 2 and 3 will be kept as purely growing in the flat dirt... so I'll divide into four rotations, potatoes, yacon and oca in one, cucurbits and sweetcorn in a second, brassicas in a third, probalby with the carrots and parsnips), beans (mostly) in the fourth...  woohoo.... summat to do on the nice dasy in winter then.... need to find an allen scythe and I'm gonna glyphosate the whole thing now cos it's so warm stuff is still growing...

Digeroo

• Hectare
  • Cotswolds - Gravel - Alkaline
Re: Another half-plot :D
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2014, 07:52:46 »
Looks like you are going to be busy.  What happened to Swindon's waiting lists?

I like the sound of a plot just for fruit. 

pumkinlover

« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2014, 08:24:35 »
Great stuff Chriscross. I am pleased for you  :icon_cheers:

chriscross1966

• Hectare
  • Visionhairy
« Reply #3 on: October 04, 2014, 00:57:55 »
Looks like you are going to be busy.  What happened to Swindon's waiting lists?

I like the sound of a plot just for fruit.

Crowdies is a new site and you can't transfer around waiting lists willynilly... there are a handful of us who'e been there since it reopenened, but we've had a fair few who turned up got half the plot sort of clear, tried growing things, got swamped by weeds and jacked it in... I think I might have found a 16x8 greenhouse for cheap too... that will add over 50% to my glass covered space... extra plants for the boot sales in the spring, plus I'm wondering about putting one or more of grapes, figs or olives in there along the back (northern) wall and using the space in front for things like melons and cape gooseberries....

grannyjanny

• PMs
  • Hectare
  • Lives in Cheshire. Light sandy soil. Loves no dig.
« Reply #4 on: October 04, 2014, 07:44:25 »
Good luck Chris. Happy Winter coming up. What size are your half plots? Ours are 56'x18'. I'm going to try Minnesota midget melons next year.

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal