Author Topic: HGV Sat-Nav?  (Read 1437 times)

kt.

• Hectare
  • Teesside
HGV Sat-Nav?
« on: September 22, 2014, 23:32:45 »
I am looking to purchase a HGV truck Sat Nav but undecided on which one.  I was looking at Snooper but you have to pay for updates so looking at the Tom Tom or possibly Garmin due to lifetime map updates.  Do any other HGV satnavs have Multi-route technology (ie: input several postcodes and it calculates the quickest route round them all)  I am after this for multidrop.  The Snooper has it but I am yet to find another satnav with this technology. 
All you do and all you see is all your life will ever be

ACE

• Hectare
Re: HGV Sat-Nav?
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2014, 08:09:32 »
As I tow a caravan, I use a Navigon which has car/lorry settings. I can set the height /width although I only need width so I do not get poked down a narrow country lane. If I need to stop a few times I set the final postcode, then via all the other places we need to go in between. It seems to work alright, but you would have to read up on the Navigon site to see if it was suitable for your type of work. What I do like about it is the lane positionings on multilane roads as it gives me plenty of time to change instead of trying to cross at the last minute, with a long caravan on, not easy at times.

Digeroo

• Hectare
  • Cotswolds - Gravel - Alkaline
Re: HGV Sat-Nav?
« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2014, 10:46:16 »
Personally I think savnavs are on the way out.  With a smart phone there are all kinds of apps to do this kind of thing, and the phone does so much more than the satnav and it updated more often.

Cheapo Chinese phones are £60-90.

So much easier to store routes, and contacts and favourite locations.  And you have the internet so you can call up postcodes etc.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal