Author Topic: I AM TURNING INTO A MRS VICTOR MELDREW! Time for a rant!  (Read 2634 times)

Duke Ellington

• Hectare
I AM TURNING INTO A MRS VICTOR MELDREW! Time for a rant!
« on: September 20, 2014, 21:13:36 »
I went shopping twice this week. Once to the pound shop and the other to ASDA. On both these trips I have seen women wearing pyjamas! One of them had slippers on. I ask myself ......why....??? Too much trouble to get dressed to go out these days? Is this the latest trend? Have they slept in them all night and day or did they put on clean ones to go to the shops? Does this happen in Waitrose or M&S?  I dunno the world is changing too fast.

Duke :BangHead:
dont be fooled by the name I am a Lady!! :-*

alkanet

• Half Acre
Re: I AM TURNING INTO A MRS VICTOR MELDREW! Time for a rant!
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2014, 21:24:20 »
it means you live in a low class neighbourhood :)

but not as low class as this one

http://www.pinterest.com/CaliPhotoGirl/laugh-unlimited-walmart-horrorwtf/

ACE

• Hectare
« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2014, 21:26:03 »
If you are comfortable, what's the problem. I have been banned from the local shop wearing my onesies. Only because they are a rather snug fit and an old dear mistook me for the local area Mattessons Rep. :sunny:

Silverleaf

• Hectare
  • Chesterfield, clay, acidic
    • The Rainbow Pea Project
« Reply #3 on: September 20, 2014, 23:13:15 »
I don't even own a pair of pyjamas. Good job I don't go out in my nightwear! ;)

I have to admit though, I don't get it either. On the one hand, you have women who can't leave the house without putting on full makeup. On the other, people who can't even be bothered to change into outdoor clothes. Neither make sense to me at all.

cornykev

• Hectare
  • Sunny Cheshunt just outside North London
« Reply #4 on: September 21, 2014, 00:35:39 »
I normaly turn up to my local shop early doors for a pint of milk in my pants and vest scatching my knackers, whats the problem, good moaning.    :wave:
MAY THE CORN BE WITH YOU.

Digeroo

• Hectare
  • Cotswolds - Gravel - Alkaline
« Reply #5 on: September 21, 2014, 10:35:17 »
I bought a pair of trousers from Tesco and had been using them for quite a time before someone told me they thought they were supposed to be pyjama trousers.   But I did not wear my fluffy slippers with them.

I hope I do not get in a muddle and wear my gardening boots in bed especially if I have been muck spreading.

galina

• Hectare
  • Johanniskirchen
« Reply #6 on: September 21, 2014, 10:55:58 »
Ever since they started calling PJs 'lounge suits', and the advent of 'onesies', I simply can't tell whether someone is in their pyjamas or not.  The same goes for slippers.  Some so-called 'comfort shoes' look to me like slippers.  Just shows what I know  ...............   :tongue3: ......... and I'm glad I'm not alone  :wave:

Paulines7

• Hectare
« Reply #7 on: September 21, 2014, 11:47:34 »
I have just had a look through the Walmart site that Alkanet referred to.  I was in fits of giggles when I came across the woman with condoms in her hair:  :love5:

http://www.pinterest.com/cutntiedyvette/wal-martand-places-near-by/

I know I shouldn't laugh at other people but I also had a few giggles at this page too. I especially liked the photo of the security guard with the gun in his hand and the caption on his back. The ice cream woman also had me in fits of laughter.  :laughing7:

http://l.facebook.com/l.php?u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.pinterest.com%2FCaliPhotoGirl%2Flaugh-unlimited-walmart-horrorwtf%2F&h=WAQFerBFT&s=1

I think we have a long way to go before we start looking like some of the Americans featured in Walmart.

I agree that it is sometimes difficult to distinguish between outdoor clothing and pyjamas. 
« Last Edit: September 21, 2014, 12:02:20 by Paulines7 »

goodlife

• Hectare
« Reply #8 on: September 21, 2014, 18:23:30 »
You are welcome to rant... :laughing7:
Personally I'm not too bothered what people wear...after all clothes purpose is to give one's body a 'shelter' against elements.
Just a pieces of fabric sown together that are given different names for their intended purpose for wearing.
I'm not too upset neither should somebody not wear nothing at all.
But, I suppose when we live in society where certain way of dressing up is 'norm', one should try one's best to be acceptable.
I have to admit that some 'night wear' materials are really nice and comfy..been tempted myself many times not to bother with 'proper' clothes and carry on the day in my PJ bottoms.. :icon_cheers:

Edit to add...my mum has fleece 'bed jacket' that she has worn as kind of 'cardie' when going out...only give away for its true purpose was little teddybear motive on breast pocket..and nobody haven't really noticed it at all  :icon_cheers: :glasses9:
« Last Edit: September 21, 2014, 18:27:07 by goodlife »

Duke Ellington

• Hectare
« Reply #9 on: September 22, 2014, 17:10:21 »
And there was me thinking that they jump out of bed and pop into Tescos without changing first. Hope I never feel the urge to do the same! My nightwear is far too glamorous;)
dont be fooled by the name I am a Lady!! :-*

alkanet

• Half Acre
« Reply #10 on: September 22, 2014, 18:04:33 »

I think we have a long way to go before we start looking like some of the Americans featured in Walmart.

the lesson for us here is that even the morbidly obese have the right to go to the supermarket

which makes sense, because if they didn't, they wouldn't be morbidly obese

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal