Author Topic: Tatton Park Show  (Read 1931 times)

Tee Gee

• Hectare
  • Huddersfield - Light humus rich soil
    • The Gardener's Almanac
Tatton Park Show
« on: July 31, 2014, 17:13:34 »
Once again I have had the pleasure of visiting this show so I thought some of you who didn't manage to get there might like to see the pictures I took.

BTW Please accept my apologies if you find it takes a long time to load but this is down to a new format I have used which has made the file quite large!

I am intending to rebuild my website this winter so I am just trying out a different format before I do the rebuild and to resolve any problems the new system may create.

So if you find any problems (good,bad or indifferent) I would like to here about them either by PM or on the forum

Thanks in advance...Tg

http://www.thegardenersalmanac.co.uk/Blogspot/Tatton%20Show%202014/Tatton%202014.htm

Tee Gee

• Hectare
    • The Gardener's Almanac
Re: Tatton Park Show
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2014, 16:22:17 »
So if you find any problems (good,bad or indifferent) I would like to here about them either by PM or on the forum

From the response I have had to this and previous blogs  it looks very much like you do not care much for them so from now on  I will save myself time and effort and not publish any more in A4A....Tg

Digeroo

• Hectare
  • Cotswolds - Gravel - Alkaline
« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2014, 20:13:14 »
Well I always enjoys your pictures.

Yorkshire Lass

• Acre
« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2014, 20:18:35 »
Me too.

Obelixx

• Hectare
  • Vendée, France
« Reply #4 on: August 05, 2014, 11:09:26 »
It's the holiday period Tee Gee and a busy time for anyone still here and tending a garden or allotment or kids of any age.

Be patient please.

I for one always enjoy looking at your blog when I have time and I value your almanac.  Just haven't had time to check out your new format.
Obxx - Vendée France

Tee Gee

• Hectare
    • The Gardener's Almanac
« Reply #5 on: August 05, 2014, 15:02:22 »
Be patient please.

I thought I had been!

OK I might have worded my last post a bit wrongly when I used the word 'like' and people may have thought I wanted them to hit the 'Like' icon which never entered my head!

I was asking for opinions on 'format!!

What has peeved me is I have been a member of A4A for around eight years in which I have made just short of 5000 postings of which I would guess only around half a dozen was a request to members to help me and it wasn't forthcoming.

This does not mean that I expect any privileged treatment, far from it!

Add to that because of things that are happening on our allotments I am a bit depressed at the moment to the point I am thinking of giving up all things gardening, including my allotments.

At this moment in time I could fall out with anyone or anything ( even my own shadow) so that may have influenced my response to this thread.

If it was I am sorry and I when I made the decision to stop posting my blogs I was aware that I would affect people such as your three selves but could see no other way out at the time!

For the record; what I asked for was;  do you like my new format  not necessarily my blogs

Now you can see 'full screen' pictures which you can study for as long as you like as opposed to the four second large thumbnail views you get when I put up a slide show.

I know I like to look at full sized pictures rather than large thumbnails in fact this is the time I can look at (as in this case) the show because on the day I only see it through a view finder. (I took around 500 pictures and put what I thought was the best ones in the blog with a view to getting over the beauty of the show.)

I purposely included a few slide shows to allow you to compare the different  formats.

I also mentioned why I wanted this feed back, it was so that I can take the opinions on board when I rebuild my website this winter!

So I hope this reply clarifies any misunderstanding and please accept my apologies for any upset I may have caused....Tg

Digeroo

• Hectare
  • Cotswolds - Gravel - Alkaline
« Reply #6 on: August 05, 2014, 15:16:19 »
I am not sure that I quite understood that you were asking for opinions on your format.

I think it is difficult to give advice to someone who is just so good at growing things, it seems somehow rather cheeky.   

Personally I like the picture.  Not sure I am up to reading all the words.  Never did get past the point when books no longer had pictures in them.  So sorry but my suggestion is more pics please.

I would also suggest that you put this up again in the winter when we are all looking for some colour and inspiration and it its far to cold to get out and about. 

I have put to link your blog site in my favourites so I can savour it later with a cup of coffee and a roaring fire.

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal