Author Topic: Delicious and easy cold courgette soup  (Read 1477 times)

peanuts

• Hectare
Delicious and easy cold courgette soup
« on: July 26, 2014, 12:18:27 »
This is a really good recipe, very quick to make, and will keep in the fridge for a couple of days so can be made ahead. It makes enough for a starter for 4, or in very small cups as an  "amuse-gueule" as the French say.
I am using the local fresh Trebonce summer onions, that are just brilliant at the moment, a lovely size for adding to salads, or gathering for frying straight from the veg patch.

Fry one onion in a little olive oil but don't allow to brown. Add two good sized courgettes, cut up in small pieces. Fry for a couple of minutes.  Add 500ml of stock (veg or chicken).  Simmer until the courgette is soft.  Blitz with a stick blender until smooth. Add about 150-200g  cream cheese  and at least 20 good-sized basil leaves (mine are the size of my palm!). I use Mascarpone but any ordinary unflavoured cream cheese will do. Blitz again, with lots of freshly ground pepper,  a little salt, and a good squeeze of lemon juice.  That's it, just cool overnight and serve. It really has the most beautiful flavour when cold.

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal