Author Topic: Courgette Rolls  (Read 2160 times)

gazza1960

• Hectare
Courgette Rolls
« on: July 23, 2014, 18:32:36 »
Thank you Borlotti,I needed an excuse to pick a couple of Courgettes before they became marrow size  !!!!!!

A tasty snack from  my Diabetic recipes that goes well with Risotto..!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

INGREDIENTS

2 or 3 Courgettes sliced into 5 mm slices lengthways.
2 Yellow Bell Peppers seeded and cut into large pieces
Jar Roasted Bell Peppers
Jar Sun Ripened Tomatoes
100G Feta cheese pieces
1 Tbsp Fresh Lemon Juice
Small Bunch Rocket Leaves
Small Bunch Basil Leaves
Mixed Olives
Lemon segments to garnish
Ground Black Pepper
Salt
Toothpicks

Arrange Ingredients  !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ok lets Grill and soften our Courgette Slices and Yellow Pepper Pieces,it normally takes about 3 to 5 mins
once cooked through....leave the courgettes to one side and slice the yellow peppers in matchsticks.

While the slices are cooking lets make our paste.............

Its a bit trial and error as the paste wants to be thick enough to stick to the courgettes without running over the sides.

So I drain the Roasted Peppers and Tomatoes of any fluid,and put in the blitzzer....followed by 50g of Feta Cheese pieces and a few mixed olives and a good squeeeeeze of Fresh Lemon and season well........now blittzzz for 1 minute....this should produce a spreadable consistency !!!!!!

Once your happy with the resulting Paste either use straight away or cover and fridge for a few days.

Now lay out your Courgette slices......smear them with the paste.....and top with a few pieces of Rocket and Basil Leaves
followed by the yellow pepper matchsticks.....now season again and roll up from end to end.,,and secure with a wooden toothpick.

Once rolled they are eaten as starters at room temp to taste all the flavours, or serve with other diners,your choice !!!!

I enjoyed it today with Chicken Risotto and a good drizzle of Olive Oil  !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

""Courgette Rolls with Feta and roasted Vegetables""

Enjoy

Gazza

Digeroo

• Hectare
  • Cotswolds - Gravel - Alkaline
Re: Courgette Rolls
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2014, 20:34:05 »
Another brilliant recipe Gazza and wheat free too.  What sort of camera do you use for the pics?

When is the recipe book coming out?  Have you any suggestion of what I could use instead of olive not personal a great fan.  What about an aubergine, would add some colour?

willsy

• Half Acre
« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2014, 22:11:25 »
Looks amazing, I am going to give these a try. Thank you for your recipe and photos.

gazza1960

• Hectare
« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2014, 23:04:41 »
Our Black Beauty Aubergines get a look in too later in the year for this recipe,as the char grilling on those seems a bit more intense flavour.

That's the main reason I add olives to the paste as it gives a stronger flavour on the courgettes,
But Jude isn't an olive eater anyway ...so your not alone.....so the paste I do for her does not have
Olives in it,and the flavour is fine by me....I just eat loose Olives to get my fix.....so enjoy it without Olives Digeroo.

Oh goodness me our cam is well dated,it's a Panasonic Lumix FZ38 but it produces a nice defined
Clear image,the odd shaky one is my fault,one of my Diabolic side effects.....but well handy
When I'm stirring paint !!!!

« Last Edit: July 23, 2014, 23:12:36 by gazza1960 »

antipodes

• Hectare
  • W. France, 5m x 20m (900 ft2)
    • My allotment blog
« Reply #4 on: July 24, 2014, 13:20:44 »
That idea of the paste looks lovely, just as an unusual dip! I must remember that!
2012 - Snow in February, non-stop rain till July. Blight and rot are rife. Thieving voles cause strife. But first runner beans and lots of greens. Follow an English allotment in urban France: http://roos-and-camembert.blogspot.com

gazza1960

• Hectare
« Reply #5 on: July 26, 2014, 08:24:46 »
I was sat in our new garden at 9pm last night and the munchies struck so used your input Antipodes
And used up 1/2 a packet of flour tortillas,just cut them into bite sized triangles and cooked them for 1 minute on 200 degrees ....the resulting crispies snax went down well with the paste I had left over
From this recipe with a cold beer.

I also tried some paste on those NEW Ritz crackers that are 3 biscuits joined together
With rosemary and olive oil flavouring....they we're delish.

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal