Author Topic: Fed up someone is stealing my rhubarb again  (Read 1627 times)

Digeroo

• Hectare
  • Cotswolds - Gravel - Alkaline
Fed up someone is stealing my rhubarb again
« on: July 21, 2014, 08:35:21 »
There is large pile of leaves.  When I looked at my plants they seemed smaller and I could see the cut marks on the stems.

I feed my rhubarb a lot and someone else is benefiting from my efforts.  If I have extra rhubarb I like to give it to my friends.  Also it will weaken the plant now so I will get less next spring.

Has anyone any suggestions how to prevent this?

antipodes

• Hectare
  • W. France, 5m x 20m (900 ft2)
    • My allotment blog
Re: Fed up someone is stealing my rhubarb again
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2014, 10:13:57 »
Digeroo, how annoying, I know exactly how you feel.  thieving toerags.
How to stop it... sigh, I fear there is little that can be done.
2012 - Snow in February, non-stop rain till July. Blight and rot are rife. Thieving voles cause strife. But first runner beans and lots of greens. Follow an English allotment in urban France: http://roos-and-camembert.blogspot.com

Digeroo

• Hectare
  • Cotswolds - Gravel - Alkaline
« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2014, 18:33:29 »
I am developing a cunning plan.  I wanted to get a camera but was worried that it would be stolen.  But seems I can get one which will wireless stream it to a phone which I could leave in a car.  At least if someone stole it I would have the pictures of them just before they did it.

I am also got other thieves ie muntjac and I would love to see what they are up to.  Though they do not eat rhubarb.  There are little signs they have visited, smooth areas under the rhubarb leaves and dropping here and there.  Also there are hedgehodges, I have a raised area with beans in and every morning the mulch is disturbed and there are little diggings along the edge of the bed.  Bit worried about the slug pellets.

Nora42

• Acre
« Reply #3 on: July 21, 2014, 19:27:54 »
You need I sign " I piss here and feed my rhubarb with my own human excrement - help yourself"
Nora
Norf London

ACE

• Hectare
« Reply #4 on: July 22, 2014, 07:19:09 »
Next time you are in the local shop, look out for anybody buying custard and extra toilet rolls.

Froglegs

• Hectare
  • Nottinghamshire.
« Reply #5 on: July 22, 2014, 12:55:33 »
Since I've been court twice now having a wee wee in my compost bins....the theft of my veg as suddenly stopped ...... :pottytrain4:

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal