Author Topic: Gabanna, where are you  (Read 8556 times)

Borlotti

• Hectare
  • Ryde
Gabanna, where are you
« on: July 06, 2014, 20:50:48 »
Haven't seen Gabanna for a few days, which is unusual as he normally pops in for a quick visit or sits on the wall at night.  Owner knocked today and said he hasn't been home for 4 days.  I know he isn't my cat, but have known him since a kitten, but I am worried for him.  Owner's children are upset, and they are going to put up notices.  I just hope he hasn't got run over or stolen.  Gabanna please go home.

Borlotti

• Hectare
  • Ryde
Re: Gabanna, where are you
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2014, 11:07:21 »
Still no Gabanna.  The foxes were out last night, so made sure Dulce came in.  Think I will lock him in at night.  No sign of Gabanna, no body or collar, so maybe it wasn't the foxes.  Dulce is asleep in his paper bag again, and he is no help in looking for his twin.  Will ask the owners in a minute if there is any news, I do miss that cat's visits, and he was such a trusting cat.

Paulines7

• Hectare
« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2014, 12:04:53 »
.... Dulce is asleep in his paper bag again, and he is no help in looking for his twin. 

One of my cats looks and cries for his twin brother.  When Winston is nowhere to be seen and William is out in the garden, I ask him where his brother is.  I then say; "Come on let's find Winston, call him".   We walk through the garden, William meowing all the time whilst I am calling for Winston.  Suddenly Winston comes running from wherever he has been hiding, goes straight up to William, greets him with a brrrrr noise and then gives him a nose rub kiss.  To begin with I thought William's calling for his brother was a one off, but it happens every time.  If it's William that is missing, Winston will look for his brother but doesn't verbally call him.  They have the same greeting though when William appears. 

I am so sorry to hear about Gabanna.  Was he microchipped.  Maybe he has been locked in someone's shed by accident. Foxes and cubs used to sit on the lawn with my Mum's cat and she had loads of photos of them.  She was a small cat but would have been able to defend herself as her claws were lethal as I found to my cost when trying to give her tablets. 

I hope you get some good news soon.

Silverleaf

• Hectare
  • Chesterfield, clay, acidic
    • The Rainbow Pea Project
« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2014, 14:49:00 »
Fingers crossed Gabanna turns up soon!

Sinbad7

• Hectare
« Reply #4 on: July 07, 2014, 16:27:32 »
Hope Gabanna turns up safely soon.

Borlotti

• Hectare
  • Ryde
« Reply #5 on: July 09, 2014, 15:09:15 »
Gabanna has not come home, and even although he is not my cat asked my friendly postman and he said no dead cats in the road.  No trace of his collar if the foxes got him.  It is a mystery.  Owners did say perhaps someone had taken him and was waiting to ask for a reward, but I think he has gone.  Poor Gabanna, he usually comes here if he is frightened, but no sign of him for a week now. Offered the owners Dulce back, but said he was scared of their children, and Dulce is never shut out or in, but does like to go out at night, but I normally try to encourage him to stay in at night, on his lovely 99p mat, or in his paper bag.  Oh well not my problem, but do wish he would turn up, keep looking for him on his beloved wall.

Jayb

• Global Moderator
  • Hectare
« Reply #6 on: July 09, 2014, 17:25:13 »
Sorry to hear Gabanna hasn't been seen around, hope he comes home very soon.
Seed Circle site http://seedsaverscircle.org/
My Blog, Mostly Tomato Mania http://mostlytomatomania.blogspot.co.uk/

Borlotti

• Hectare
  • Ryde
« Reply #7 on: July 09, 2014, 17:32:54 »
Owners posted this today on lamp posts, so hopefully someone will have some news.

Poppy Mole

• Hectare
  • Petworth, West Sussex
« Reply #8 on: July 10, 2014, 11:35:36 »
Everything crossed for him. Is he chipped? can you or his owners do a facebook plea for information, that seems to work sometimes.

galina

• Hectare
  • Johanniskirchen
« Reply #9 on: July 10, 2014, 14:30:46 »
Still missing? - so sorry to hear.  Yes a local facebook round robin would be good.  Hope he will be found soon fit and well. 

Borlotti

• Hectare
  • Ryde
« Reply #10 on: July 10, 2014, 22:09:37 »
The owners said Gabanna wasn't chipped.  Strange that no body or collar has been found.  It is up to the owners now, well he is either dead or will turn up one day, but I doubt it.  Next time I see them I will suggest Facebook to them. Dulce is still OK and the paper bag is still a great favourite.

small

• Hectare
« Reply #11 on: July 11, 2014, 16:28:25 »
I do hope he turns up, it's awful not to know, I love your stories of the bad cats. Wonderful picture of the cat in the bag! I'm going to put out a big bag for my Tigerlily, I bet she'll do just the same. Keep us posted, won't you.

Borlotti

• Hectare
  • Ryde
« Reply #12 on: July 21, 2014, 21:10:01 »
Gabanna has not been found.  So sad for him. I cried when I had my cat put to sleep, as he was old and suffering, but poor Gabanna, he would go home if he could, or else come to me, the cat flap is always open.  A lot of cats missing in Enfield, so Dulce please stay in at night.   It was only a tabby cat, not a pedigree, and no dead body or collar he has just disappeared. 

galina

• Hectare
  • Johanniskirchen
« Reply #13 on: July 21, 2014, 21:29:59 »
So sorry (hug)

antipodes

• Hectare
  • W. France, 5m x 20m (900 ft2)
    • My allotment blog
« Reply #14 on: July 30, 2014, 10:11:02 »
Only just seen this, so sad. Our first cat got killed on the road and we would never have known if the owner of our holiday house had not spotted her and very kindly put the body in a bag for us. We buried her under the fruit trees on the farm where we were, she can hunt mice forever!

Sorry about Gabbana, sometimes they turn up ages later.  Our neighbour's cat got out of the flats last week (think he jumped off the end of the balconies) and I saw him outside. He wouldn't come to me though or come back inside so I left him. The neighbour said that when she came home he as waiting outside the front door! And just sauntered in when she opened the door! Cheeky bugger. He might not do it again though as he seemed a bit scared out in the bushes.
2012 - Snow in February, non-stop rain till July. Blight and rot are rife. Thieving voles cause strife. But first runner beans and lots of greens. Follow an English allotment in urban France: http://roos-and-camembert.blogspot.com

Borlotti

• Hectare
  • Ryde
« Reply #15 on: July 30, 2014, 13:31:09 »
Gabanna has not come home, he would have done if he was able to, even if he didn't go home would have come in my cat flap or gone to my other next door neighbour who he often visited.  Dulce follows me everywhere and sits on the wall waiting for his twin.  I hope he finds another friend soon as he is driving me mad.  Would get another old cat but not sure if Dulce would accept it, or miserable OH, and as so many cats have gone missing around here not a very good idea.  Strange that no body or collar has been found, even if the foxes got it thought we would have found some remains.  Owner gave me Gabanna's cat food, but I am a bit superstitious (and can't spell) so will not give it to Dulce, don't quite know why.

Jayb

• Global Moderator
  • Hectare
« Reply #16 on: July 30, 2014, 13:49:41 »
So sorry Gabanna still has not returned.
Seed Circle site http://seedsaverscircle.org/
My Blog, Mostly Tomato Mania http://mostlytomatomania.blogspot.co.uk/

Borlotti

• Hectare
  • Ryde
« Reply #17 on: July 30, 2014, 14:14:22 »
Do I have to stand up to type, and it is my computer chair, not yours.  Also I suppose I had better sit on the other settee as you look so comfortable.  Very spoilt cat.

antipodes

• Hectare
  • W. France, 5m x 20m (900 ft2)
    • My allotment blog
« Reply #18 on: August 06, 2014, 14:52:19 »
Borlotti he really is beautiful. Don't they look so blissful when they sleep? Must be nice to be so carefree!!! Ours sleeps on the bed and often there is not much room left for us. She looks daggers at you when you push her over too. You are right, spoilt beasts!
There mus be something about computer desk chairs, our cat too always goes on ours or the one in our son's room. They seem attracted to computers, wonder if it's the heat or maybe a noise they give off? Funny....
2012 - Snow in February, non-stop rain till July. Blight and rot are rife. Thieving voles cause strife. But first runner beans and lots of greens. Follow an English allotment in urban France: http://roos-and-camembert.blogspot.com

Borlotti

• Hectare
  • Ryde
« Reply #19 on: August 20, 2014, 15:56:03 »
Gabanna has never been seen, and no news of him.  Dulce is getting to be a miserable old cat, we fight over the computer chair and he will sit on my lap whilst on the computer but hates me typing.  I am trying to teach him to keep his claws him, he never claws or bites OH, only me. He has to have his fish at night, wrote to Morrisons as their freezers were broken for 3 weeks, and even though I bought fresh fish, he wouldn't touch it.  Savers frozen fish back now, and Morrisons sent me a £5 voucher because I complained, on Dulce's behalf.  If I am busy he will bite my feet or scratch my legs, but if I swear at him he clears off.  This cat is certainly not stupid.  Funny how attached one can get to a cat, and even OH, who doesn't like him, asks where he is at night, and puts his mat and blanket on the kitchen floor so he can go to bed. Paper bag is definately out of favour now.  Trying to hide the scratches on the back of the new white leather sofa, oh well it makes it look a bit homely and I did pay for it, so OH can stop moaning.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal