Author Topic: Looking for used set of Mantis tiller tines..  (Read 4066 times)

gavinjconway

• Hectare
    • GavinConway.net - Our Allotment
Looking for used set of Mantis tiller tines..
« on: May 01, 2014, 21:38:51 »
Hi people... I recently got a Mantis tiller and I'm using more and more these days to make life easier for me on the plot as I dont have much spare time these days doing two 6 day/week jobs.

I dig my soil over as normal in autumn then use the tiller to prepare it in the spring. Also have used it to dig the pea and spud trenches and today to loosen the soil between the spud ridges to get some soft soil for earthing up without having to dig it.

I'm looking for a set of Mantis tines to modify by adding some angled paddle plates to throw the soil outwards onto the ridges as I use it to loosen the soil to earth up. Basically so it does the earthing up by scooping and throwing it up and outwards.. It might just work!!

Has anyone got a set of spare tines - even very worn ones as I really only need them to carry the paddle plates. I can always use my digging set to loosen up before fitting the paddled set so condition not serious. I'm quite willing to pay postage.
Now a member of the 10 Ton club.... (over 10 ton per acre)    2013  harvested 588 Kg from 165 sq mt..      see my web blog at...  http://www.gavinconway.net

chriscross1966

• Hectare
  • Visionhairy
Re: Looking for used set of Mantis tiller tines..
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2014, 13:07:07 »
Hi people... I recently got a Mantis tiller and I'm using more and more these days to make life easier for me on the plot as I dont have much spare time these days doing two 6 day/week jobs.

I dig my soil over as normal in autumn then use the tiller to prepare it in the spring. Also have used it to dig the pea and spud trenches and today to loosen the soil between the spud ridges to get some soft soil for earthing up without having to dig it.

I'm looking for a set of Mantis tines to modify by adding some angled paddle plates to throw the soil outwards onto the ridges as I use it to loosen the soil to earth up. Basically so it does the earthing up by scooping and throwing it up and outwards.. It might just work!!

Has anyone got a set of spare tines - even very worn ones as I really only need them to carry the paddle plates. I can always use my digging set to loosen up before fitting the paddled set so condition not serious. I'm quite willing to pay postage.

You might look at trying to track down one of these: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/BCS-Mantis-PLOW-Attachment-921C3333-PRECISION-CULTIVATOR-ATTACHMENT-/171037401612?pt=US_Outdoor_Power_Equipment&hash=item27d29fa20c

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal