Author Topic: Jeremy Clarkson  (Read 2959 times)

Borlotti

• Hectare
  • Ryde
Jeremy Clarkson
« on: April 22, 2014, 17:54:05 »
Just thinking of the names I called my pets.  Basil Brush (alastian with a long tail) Chan (my Siamese cat), baby, as we couldn't think of a name for a kitten.  Now we have Dulce and sometimes for a quick visit Gabanna (not named by me, but their owners).  Dulce is now called Gut bucket by OH, and Gabanna Hoover (as he sneaks in and hoovers up any cat food left down.) I called Dulce worse when he bit me, swear words.  Be careful as the animal naming police will be coming.  Don't follow football so not sure what the joke/problem is with Jeremy but I don't like him but OH does, must be a man thing.  He has said a few things in the past that I didn't think funny.  If you call a black cat blackie is that OK, could say worse, but will be banned.  Anyone else got any unusual names for pets.

BarriedaleNick

• Global Moderator
  • Hectare
  • Cartaxo, Portugal
    • Barriedale Allotments
Re: Jeremy Clarkson
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2014, 18:37:00 »
A mate of mine called her cat Hash.
Not a bright idea esp when trying to call it in, at night in deepest Tottenham!
Moved to Portugal - ain't going back!

Squash64

• Hectare
    • Walsall Road Allotments
« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2014, 19:09:21 »
My dogs are Vera and Graham.  Not really a problem apart from when I
called Graham in the park once and a bloke thought I was calling him.  Also,
an old lady asked me what Vera's name was and when I told her she said
that was her name too and why did I call my dog that?

These days, 'Betty' is very popular for dogs. I'll say no more.

Betty
Walsall Road Allotments
Birmingham

allotment website:-
www.growit.btck.co.uk

Duke Ellington

• Hectare
« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2014, 22:50:54 »
I hate that Monty Dons dog on gardeners world Is called Nigel ? Don't ask me why I hate it I just do.
dont be fooled by the name I am a Lady!! :-*

Obelixx

• Hectare
  • Vendée, France
« Reply #4 on: April 23, 2014, 11:23:00 »
Me too.  Daft name but each to their own.

We have a rescued terrier cross who, if we don't keep her trimmed, has a long coat that gets twisty and knotty so she's called Rasta.   Two years ago we rescued a young Labrador to keep her company and entertained while I was laid up after surgery.  The woman who rehomed him with us had been calling him U2 but I don't like that band so we ended up calling him Bonzo Dog (as in Doodah) to keep the theme.  He gets called Bozo quite  a lot as he hadn't a clue about anything when we got him though he's turned out to be a clever dog, if daffy.

We also have a rescued cat we found abandoned and living rough, hunting rodents in the paddock next door and sheltering in our barn.  She was thin and starved and had polycystic ovaries and then breast tumours so I just call her Pusscat.   After the ops she enjoyed the warmth and shelter of our upstairs so much she didn't go out for 6 months and then had to be pushed to get some fresh air.   She's taken over 2 years to decide we're OK and aren't going to abandon her so now she comes to us for cuddles and sneaks outside 2 or 3 times a week when the dogs aren't looking.   Doesn't approve of dogs.   Too late to change her name.

The cat before that was called Zazu because he was black and white and my then small daughter's favourite film was the Lion King.
Obxx - Vendée France

BarriedaleNick

• Global Moderator
  • Hectare
  • Cartaxo, Portugal
    • Barriedale Allotments
« Reply #5 on: April 23, 2014, 11:40:21 »
I have a cat called Basil (after Basil Brush) - due to his daft bushy tail although he tends to be called boo-boo or boobs (try shouting that in the garden when he goes wandering!).  We have Georgie too - named after Curious George as he was into everything when we got him.

Moved to Portugal - ain't going back!

antipodes

• Hectare
  • W. France, 5m x 20m (900 ft2)
    • My allotment blog
« Reply #6 on: April 24, 2014, 11:31:02 »
As my OH is a big jazz fan, our old cat was called Ella as when we got her Ella Fitzgerald had just passed away and was in the news. Also she miaowed all night so we decided she was a real "singer"!
Then when she passed away we got another cat and this one is Abby after Abbey Lincoln the jazz singer. She sings for her breakfast as she is a right greedy guts! But it has to be said that mostly they weren't much called by their real names, Ella we used to call La La mostly and Abby gets Bi Bi or Bi Bish. Although "Wah you stupid cat, watch what you're doing" is more common when she runs under your legs or jumps up at you unexpectedly !  :toothy5:
2012 - Snow in February, non-stop rain till July. Blight and rot are rife. Thieving voles cause strife. But first runner beans and lots of greens. Follow an English allotment in urban France: http://roos-and-camembert.blogspot.com

Poppy Mole

• Hectare
  • Petworth, West Sussex
« Reply #7 on: April 25, 2014, 11:21:58 »
A stray cat came in every night for several months before moving in which I called Dyson, the name went with him to the CPL.

Deb P

• Hectare
  • Still digging it....
« Reply #8 on: April 27, 2014, 08:01:50 »
We had rescued  ginger tom brothers we foolishly named Vic and Bob, Bob got run over just after he was spayed so learned the folly of naming cats in pairs... Our other two we got from a Freecycle ad, kept their previous named of Max and Archie, I like old fashioned names for male cats!
If it's not pouring with rain, I'm either in the garden or at the lottie! Probably still there in the rain as well TBH....🥴

http://www.littleoverlaneallotments.org.uk

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal