Author Topic: Some People are Inconsiderate  (Read 1963 times)

Golach

• Half Acre
Some People are Inconsiderate
« on: April 20, 2014, 16:54:26 »
Grrrr.  Went down to my allotments yesterday - to find that some "nice" person had dumped 6 bags of grass cuttings on my new allotment.

Obviously someone who doesn't know about composting.  Said cuttings are now on my compost heap and the very strong black bags they used will make good weed cover.  Turned a negative into a positive there but it was annoying all the same.

Spoke to a couple of people and one couple said they'd had the rope they cordoned off their allotment with stolen in the past week.  This hasn't happened before so I think it is the same person who dumped their rubbish on my allotment that's nicked their rope.

Haven't been down to the allotment today as it's raining here but hope to get there tomorrow after work (yes, I'm working Bank Holiday).

In the meantime, I've got a lot of plants to pot up in the greenhouse so that'll keep me busy for the next couple of hours.

antipodes

• Hectare
  • W. France, 5m x 20m (900 ft2)
    • My allotment blog
Re: Some People are Inconsiderate
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2014, 15:26:52 »
How rude!  I hate it even when people take water out of my barrels, I certainly wouldn't like it if things were dumped on my plot! Oh well, they will rot down nicely in your heap!
2012 - Snow in February, non-stop rain till July. Blight and rot are rife. Thieving voles cause strife. But first runner beans and lots of greens. Follow an English allotment in urban France: http://roos-and-camembert.blogspot.com

Golach

• Half Acre
Re: Some People are Inconsiderate
« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2014, 21:56:20 »
I think I found the fly tipper culprit.  Neighbouring plot.  Owner doesn't keep his very well and got a tidy-up-or-else warning from the Council last year.  He's had the plot for years.  He's a bit of an odd chap.  Anyway, he came to his plot the other day and started chatting.  I said I'd like to know who dumped their rubbish on my plot (a couple of others thought it might be him).  He said "What plot?"  I said "This plot" pointing downwards and trying to keep a straight face.  "I thought that was your plot" - pointing at my No.1 plot.  "So's this" I said still keeping a straight face.  "Oh.  Didn't think anyone had this plot".  "Yeah.  I do" now smiling sweetly  :evil1:

Gotcha!!!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal