Author Topic: The Allotment program BBC2  (Read 1988 times)

sally.james.3557

The Allotment program BBC2
« on: April 16, 2014, 17:43:51 »
The new program about Allotments on BBC2 is a load of rubbish, who has ever had a plot laid out so perfect when starting? How can you have a competition straight from the very first program? It would have been better to have the group do a whole year on the plot with the cameras, then have the competitions, not at the end of each week. Not very good, every new plot holder will think a new plot is as perfect as that on the telly. Not very good idea.

Alipip

• Not So New ...
Re: The Allotment program BBC2
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2014, 18:40:32 »
I personally enjoyed the program. Yes, it isn't real life having a plot all set out like it, and perfection is what they are trying to achieve. BUT as a program I enjoyed the competition side of it, and it did make me think my plot looks a bit boring and needs a bit more colour. There are lots of different opinions on it, and everyone is different so some will like it and some won't, but as a competition I found it entertaining and look forward to the next installment.

theothermarg

• Hectare
  • Yate near Bristol UK
« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2014, 19:10:05 »
I didn't like it either :( I'm glad I don't get thrown off my plot for my poor flower arranging  !! Not growing a perfect radish tho Ooo that unforgivable :BangHead:  :tongue3:
marg
Tell me and I,ll forget
Show me and I might remember
Involve me and I,ll understand

Tee Gee

• Hectare
  • Huddersfield - Light humus rich soil
    • The Gardener's Almanac
« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2014, 19:51:52 »
Finally got round to looking at episode one!

To me it came across as most of these gardening programmes do and that is; it is entertainment with minimal educational value.

What I would have like to have seen is a programme built up is highlights each week from week one to week fifteen to see how each pair went about getting their plots to come into fruition.

Then at the end they could have a show a bit like what they tried out in episode one.

God only knows what the next episodes are going to be about other than,as I believe,a pair is going to be eliminated each week suggesting that eventually we will be left with the best pair (supposedly) at the end of the series!

Now this might allow the producers to show a bit more"allotmenteering" rather than exhibitioning.

This programme was 65 minutes long, I watched the first 20 minutes and with the aid of the fast forward button I saw all I wanted to see within a total of 25 minutes.

The winning sweet peas were very good I thought!

What I think I might do is record the series then read the reviews here in A4A and if they are good I will look at the episode, and if not I will delete it!

So I will give it ' foive'

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal