Author Topic: Sunflower seeds - amazing!!  (Read 2219 times)

Alipip

• Not So New ...
Sunflower seeds - amazing!!
« on: April 07, 2014, 19:23:49 »
I planted some sunflower seeds in the greenhouse on saturday, was really surprised to see today - only 2 days later - that they are starting to pop their heads through :icon_cheers:. My little grandaughter came down there to water with me, and she loves seeing the seeds start to come through.
They have to grow well this year, the lady next to my allotment cuts them and takes to the church, and they have a wedding where the bride wants all sunflowers later this year. I grow 'magic roundabout' ones which are all different colours and designed for cutting.

RenishawPhil

• Hectare
    • Parking Ticket Appeals Service
Re: Sunflower seeds - amazing!!
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2014, 19:29:07 »
ive not even started mine,!!!!need to get them this week

Golach

• Half Acre
« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2014, 20:18:29 »
I put my sunflowers -varieties called "Eclipse", "Teddybear" and "Helianthus" in a heated propagator I have sitting in my kitchen.  They shot up in less than 2 days too.  Now need to pot them on as they're all big enough to handle.  These are all Dobies seeds and so far I'm impressed.  Meanwhile in the greenhouse (not heated), my cauliflowers (All Year Round) and Brussels Sprouts (Napoleon F1) will need potting on this weekend and probably next weekend my tomatoes will too.  I'm growing 4 different varieties of tomato this year - Ailsa Craig, Roma (a plum tomato) and Principe Borghese (a small plum tomato), also Gardener's Delight.  Got cucumber and spring onions growing too and other things to go direct into the allotment in the next few weeks.

Growing some Pansies for a friend at work.  They're T&M seeds and so far only 16 out of the whole packet have germinated  I've used Mr Fothergill's seeds this year to try them and so far I'm really happy with them.  All the brassicas are Mr F's.

Alipip

• Not So New ...
« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2014, 18:48:19 »
Mine are Dobies seeds as well, I know they are a bit more expensive but by far the best I have had. I get all my seeds from them. Last year I didn't as mum was ill and I was so busy I just got them from the shops, it wasn't half as successful. Got loads of stuff coming through now, and today planted up some runner beans as well.

Golach

• Half Acre
« Reply #4 on: April 21, 2014, 14:32:26 »
Mine are Dobies seeds as well, I know they are a bit more expensive but by far the best I have had. I get all my seeds from them. Last year I didn't as mum was ill and I was so busy I just got them from the shops, it wasn't half as successful. Got loads of stuff coming through now, and today planted up some runner beans as well.

Dobies have special offers on this week.  3 packs of seeds for the price of 2 and a few other things too.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal