Author Topic: Just Ordered  (Read 6711 times)

BarriedaleNick

• Global Moderator
  • Hectare
  • Cartaxo, Portugal
    • Barriedale Allotments
Re: Just Ordered
« Reply #20 on: April 21, 2014, 10:00:27 »
I have had a heavy duty one for about 20 years and wouldn't be without it.  Brilliant for attacking my heavy clay soil, scrapping weeds up, trenching etc.

There is only a Jamaican guy and me with one on our site as far as I know - I guess most people prefer what they know.
Moved to Portugal - ain't going back!

Golach

• Half Acre
Re: Just Ordered
« Reply #21 on: April 21, 2014, 14:17:12 »
I have had a heavy duty one for about 20 years and wouldn't be without it.  Brilliant for attacking my heavy clay soil, scrapping weeds up, trenching etc.

There is only a Jamaican guy and me with one on our site as far as I know - I guess most people prefer what they know.

One of the allotment holders comes from Monserrat.  He showed my son how to use it properly.  He was saying that's all they use in Monserrat.  We have quite a lot of Italians on the allotments and I've seen some of them use the smaller ones.

Just a shame I find mine a bit too heavy to use but son gets on fine with it.  Probably get the lighter one for myself but want a poly tunnel first.

Managed to escape work early today (why we bothered opening is beyond me) so just having a quick coffee then off to the plot.

I'm on my own just now as son went down with Shingles.  He's a kidney transplantee and it's knocked him sideways  :sad7:

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal