Author Topic: Sugar Lord mangetout  (Read 8397 times)

Vinlander

• Hectare
  • North London - heavy but fertile clay
Re: Sugar Lord mangetout
« Reply #20 on: December 21, 2014, 14:04:04 »
I got Google to translate the page from Finnish into English and I was shocked to see the variety is now "Lord Sugar" - quite off-putting!!

I'm still interested though.

Incidentally if you want to order in Finnish then a good way to get a better translation from Google is to get Google to translate its attempt  back to English. If it's a bit odd then rephrase/ tweak your message until it can get through both ways and still make sense in English.

Cheers.
With a microholding you always get too much or bugger-all. (I'm fed up calling it an allotment garden - it just encourages the tidy-police).

The simple/complex split is more & more important: Simple fertilisers Poor, complex ones Good. Simple (old) poisons predictable, others (new) the opposite.

goodlife

• Hectare
« Reply #21 on: December 21, 2014, 14:44:36 »

"Lord Sugar" - quite off-putting!!

:laughing7: Indeed...and I can sure you Sugar Lord is much sweeter than 'Lord Sugar'... :tongue3:

Digeroo

• Hectare
  • Cotswolds - Gravel - Alkaline
« Reply #22 on: December 21, 2014, 15:38:06 »
I also read it as Lord Sugar to start with.   I do love the translation it comes out as Folding Nuclear Pea Lord Sugar.

Sounds like its a good pea, please can someone grow a few extra for me next year.
« Last Edit: December 21, 2014, 16:22:33 by Digeroo »

goodlife

• Hectare
« Reply #23 on: December 22, 2014, 13:21:56 »
I also read it as Lord Sugar to start with.   I do love the translation it comes out as Folding Nuclear Pea Lord Sugar.

Sounds like its a good pea, please can someone grow a few extra for me next year.

Bare with me....I sure we can sort something out for you.. :icon_thumleft:

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal