Author Topic: Round Greenhouses  (Read 8758 times)

Plocket

• Hectare
  • Clematis Crystal Fountain
    • Plocket's Clematis Site
Round Greenhouses
« on: March 08, 2005, 09:53:14 »
I'm thinking of investing in a small round (octagonal) greenhouse for my garden, and was wondering if anyone could recommend a company in Staffordshire, who could install as well.

Thanks in advance.
The tree which moves some to tears of joy is in the eyes of others only a green thing which stands in the way... (William Blake)

crackintackle

• Not So New ...
Re: Round Greenhouses
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2005, 10:34:46 »
Hi Plocket - answered on the BEEB - crackintackle

Mrs Ava

• Hectare
« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2005, 15:38:07 »
I seem to remember Magpie Di having a round greenhouse in her garden......oh Magpie, whoohoo. ;D

Roy Bham UK

• Hectare
  • Let's press flesh
    • http://community.webshots.com/user/roybhamuk
« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2005, 19:20:39 »
Hi Plocket - answered on the BEEB - crackintackle

:o Bloomin cheek :o Don't bother knockin doors always open ::)

MagpieDi

• Hectare
  • Oh to be as wise..... !!!
« Reply #4 on: March 09, 2005, 15:36:36 »
You remembered right EJ !!   ;)

Can't really be of much help re suppliers tho' Plocket. Got mine at least 10 years ago, from big outdoor showroom place, either Leeds or Sheffield area.   ::)

Love it, but chose the shape purely because I look out on it from the conservatory, and I needed more space for my collection of scented geraniums.

Have to say, if you want to grow a lot of toms, cucumbers, melons etc, then this model is totally unsuitable, due to lack of space and height, more so if benches are fitted.
I just play at growing 1 or 2 of each, so suits me fine !

Can't find my summer pics, but took this a couple of weeks ago, not very helpful I'm afraid   ::) 

Gardening on a wing and a prayer!!

Plocket

• Hectare
  • Clematis Crystal Fountain
    • Plocket's Clematis Site
« Reply #5 on: March 09, 2005, 15:49:47 »
What a fantastic photo Magpie Di - that's exactly what I want. I don't want a huge greenhouse for loads of veggies, and I haven't  a big enough garden for a big greenhouse. I want a little pretty greenhouse for my seedlings and to shelter some of my slightly more tender plants over winter. I want it to look nice because the garden is so small it has to be a feature. I've found a couple I like but they don't include installation. But at least I have an idea of price now! Thanks so much for your picture!
The tree which moves some to tears of joy is in the eyes of others only a green thing which stands in the way... (William Blake)

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal