Author Topic: Runner Beans and Manure  (Read 5785 times)

Lofty

• Not So New ...
Runner Beans and Manure
« on: April 20, 2012, 09:57:42 »
Good morning to each,please could someone help me,is ok to dig in some bagged Manure 4 weeks prior to planting out my Runner Beans,i am fairly new to growning my own so any help would be gratefully appreciated,kind regards lofty

Kleftiwallah

• Acre
Re: Runner Beans and Manure
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2012, 10:47:15 »

If the manure is 'new' then no.  But if the manure is old and rotted down,  then bury it good and deep and as much as you can get your hands on.   Runner beans are greedy feeders.   :o   Cheers,     Tony.
" I may be growing old, but I refuse to grow up !"

Digeroo

• Hectare
  • Cotswolds - Gravel - Alkaline
« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2012, 12:11:15 »
Should have thought a bought bag should be ready to use, what does it say on the packet?

goodlife

• Hectare
« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2012, 12:42:10 »
Code: [Select]
bagged Manure

It could be fresh as well...we have quite a few stables here that sell/give away their freshly picked horse poo in bags near their gates in daily bases.
Actually its getting quite a job to find nicely rotted stuff unless buying commercial bags of 'manure'.

Kleftiwallah

• Acre
« Reply #4 on: April 20, 2012, 13:43:10 »
My thoughts exactly goodlife, when I read the word 'bagged'.     Cheers,     Tony.
" I may be growing old, but I refuse to grow up !"

Lofty

• Not So New ...
« Reply #5 on: April 21, 2012, 10:36:35 »
Thank you for your help it was much appreciated,the bags of Manure were bought from JTF so they should be well rotted, kind regards lofty

davyw1

• Hectare
  • I love My Country
« Reply #6 on: April 21, 2012, 13:41:42 »
Lofty i think it would be wise to tell us just what you have bought, i dont JTFs selling bagged stable or cow manure so i reckon what you have bought is something like Grow Organic which if not used properly can burn your plant roots.

Which brand have you bought
When you wake up on a morning say "good morning world" and be grateful

DAVY

Lofty

• Not So New ...
« Reply #7 on: April 21, 2012, 15:16:14 »
hello Davy,its Richmore Garden Manure,i have bedded some strawberry plants in with it and they seem to love it as they are growing very nicely,kind regards lofty

davyw1

• Hectare
  • I love My Country
« Reply #8 on: April 21, 2012, 20:38:37 »
Lofty that stuff will be fine, i think we had visions of you puting in fresh stable manure which would have not done your beans any good at all, i also put it under my peas.
When you wake up on a morning say "good morning world" and be grateful

DAVY

Lofty

• Not So New ...
« Reply #9 on: April 23, 2012, 09:22:39 »
Thanks DAVY  i will get some under the peas too,i have started them off in the greenhouse and they are just about ready to go out as they are about 3-4" tall now,kind regards lofty

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal