Author Topic: Build your own Vegtrug  (Read 10664 times)

tartonterro

• Acre
Build your own Vegtrug
« on: October 30, 2011, 20:30:18 »
Hi there,

Seen one of these VegTrugs in the Sutton calendar and thinking of trying to build one of my own. Has anyone else given it a go?
Any suggestions, tips or even plans lol

Any help or advice greatfully received

Bob

lincsyokel2

• Hectare
    • Read my blog at
Re: Build your own Vegtrug
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2011, 22:09:01 »
i have a Chester 7x20 metal lathe, of you want axle bushes or other parts turned in brass just PM me
Nothing is ever as it seems. With appropriate equations I can prove this.
Read my blog at http://www.freedebate.co.uk/blog/

SIGN THE PETITION: Punish War Remembrance crimes such as vandalising War memorials!!!   -  http://epetitions.direct.gov.uk/petitions/22356

Sals_shed

« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2013, 09:03:43 »
Hi,  I'm curious if you made a veg trug - I am thinking of making one. Sal

grannyjanny

• PMs
  • Hectare
  • Lives in Cheshire. Light sandy soil. Loves no dig.
« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2013, 09:39:51 »
I am a very lucky girl. I have a friend who enjoys gardening in fits & starts. When she's off it she gets rid of everything .. Last year her brother made her one similar to the large one in the Harrods horticulture catalogue. She got fed up with that plus the raised beds he'd built for her. Brother is a cabinetmaker :icon_cheers:. This week he's been back building raised for the 3rd year in a row. She gave me the raised planter but I did buy things in exchange. I asked brother if he would like me to sort her out when she removes the raised beds again :BangHead:.

chriscross1966

• Hectare
  • Visionhairy
« Reply #4 on: April 14, 2013, 12:58:50 »
Heh heh GJ :-).... I'm windering about building some beds on the patio, jsut to get some extra space.... they'd probaboy be for things like herbs, maybe alpine strawberries , possibly some enormous things on rollers I could pupt the peach trees in, so they stay outside in summer but then get wheeled somewhere warmer in winter....

grannyjanny

• PMs
  • Hectare
  • Lives in Cheshire. Light sandy soil. Loves no dig.
« Reply #5 on: April 14, 2013, 15:36:56 »
Sounds like a plan Chris. I wish we'd thought about the rollers before we filled it :BangHead:.

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal