Author Topic: ASDA Professional MultiPurpose Compost  (Read 6661 times)

InfraDig

• Hectare
  • Rochester, Kent
ASDA Professional MultiPurpose Compost
« on: July 12, 2011, 22:57:24 »
Has anyone used this? Any idea what is "professional" about it? It is selling for £10 for three 70 litre bags. I think it is peat based.

Thanks.

Greenqueen

• Not So New ...
Re: ASDA Professional MultiPurpose Compost
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2011, 23:25:12 »
Are they definately 70 litres each? I thought they where smaller than that?

lincsyokel2

• Hectare
    • Read my blog at
« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2011, 00:25:51 »
Professional composts are made to a higher standard, with better ingredients, more nutrients, and are not usually available to the public. Many professional composts are custom mixes, and many custom mixes are trade secrets. If you by a lorry load of professional compost (which is the minimum they will make for you) you will pay about £60 - £100 a cubic metre, which is about £5-£10  an 80L bag TRADE price +VAT. And yes, it should be peat based. Very few professional growers would mess about with green waste, a complete waste of time for them.

SO i  would doubt very much this is real 'professional' compost, because ASDA would have to sell it at around £6 - £11 + VAT a bag. Ill go and have a look.
« Last Edit: July 13, 2011, 00:27:30 by lincsyokel2 »
Nothing is ever as it seems. With appropriate equations I can prove this.
Read my blog at http://www.freedebate.co.uk/blog/

SIGN THE PETITION: Punish War Remembrance crimes such as vandalising War memorials!!!   -  http://epetitions.direct.gov.uk/petitions/22356

InfraDig

• Hectare
  • Rochester, Kent
« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2011, 18:04:50 »
Greenqueen, yes, they are 70 litres each, though now you mention it, I am pretty sure I have seen small bags, maybe 25 litres? I have been buying B&Q MPC the Which recommended one. They were three 70L bags for £10 at the start of the season, and are now three 60L bags for £10. I think they expect us not to notice. The 125L bag has stayed at £6.98

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal