Author Topic: jams & tarts!  (Read 2461 times)

antsinmipants

• Quarter Acre
jams & tarts!
« on: June 28, 2011, 20:05:04 »
My wife has made god knows how many jars of redcurrant, blackcurrant and gooseberry jams. She also made the most amazing gooseberry tart which lasted all of ten minutes once out of the oven. It was a big hit with the kids too,we added ice cream for a perfect dessert. Yummy :)
The night was dark....they usually are!......Laurel & Hardy

Normylass

• Quarter Acre
Re: jams & tarts!
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2011, 23:07:54 »
Sounds delicious  :)

antsinmipants

• Quarter Acre
« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2011, 07:47:34 »
Sounds delicious  :)

Yes,Normylass. My wife uses her gooseberry jam as a base in her goosebery tart then fills with gooseberries and finishes it off with a lattice top.....I'm a lucky chap. She also makes jam tarts which are quite straight forward,but beat anything you would buy in shops. She also mixes red and green gooseberries for another jam,but cuts down on the sugar content to give it a sharpish kick :)
The night was dark....they usually are!......Laurel & Hardy

Jeannine

• Hectare
  • Mapleridge BC Canada
« Reply #3 on: June 29, 2011, 18:34:40 »
How lovely to hear a guy complimenting his wife..well done to you. I think she is lucky too XX Jeannine
When God blesses you with a multitude of seeds double  the blessing by sharing your  seeds with other folks.

PurpleHeather

• Hectare
« Reply #4 on: July 01, 2011, 20:07:00 »
I was delighted to hear that the sale of food has gone down (on the news)

That means that as many of us as is possible are growing our own (or and) we are not throwing away stuff as much.

A lot of my best dishes are made up from 'left overs'

Things which can never be repeated because even I, as the cook, can't remember exactly what went in to them.

It is delightful that your dear lady is making delicious foods for you. I very much hope that it is a joint issue where you both taste the progress and make suggestions.

It is also important that you both get involved with the preparation process.
Collecting and washing the ingredients.

Then afterwards the washing up.

I do hope that if you have enjoyed the meal she provides you are thoughtful enough to volunteer to do the clearing up and washing up whilst she has a drink and a rest from kitchen duties.

We enjoy eating together. That takes a short time

The preparation and clearing up afterwards takes so much longer.

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal